Junie's Place: She's Back! :) :)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

She's Back! :) :)





Today, with my insisting, Charles made one more trip to the dog pound! I thought she might have been picked up AFTER his first visit (which was probably on the 6th.) ...and she WAS there-in the second cage he looked in! Turns out they had her there since the 6th., but was somehow overlooked on his first visit!

There's no way we can know the details of the NIGHTMARE, Nighty (Nightmare) went through- but she was kicked by a horse, for one thing...tho not really hurt . She ended up on this horse farm, several blocks from our place! After the horse kicked her the lady at the horse farm had her picked up!

We think the fireworks scared her and she ran away and just couldn't find her way back home!

Couldn't believe my eyes when Charles walked in with her, a while ago! Peaches was happy to see her! :)

Nighty's time was running out! They had had her for 5 days already.

Someone- remind me that I have a wonderful husband, if I forget!
Since he had made the effort already -and since the little dog is so old and has problems besides- some would have just let it go!! Cost him almost$100.00 to get her back!! She now has a microchip -in case she gets lost again.

Lol- He did say, 'We just brought her home to bury her (due to her ailments and age!) ...and went on to say,'I might as well just shoot her and bury her by Buffy, and not have to worry with her any more!"

Lol- You'd have to know Charles' weird sense of humor to understand and not be offended! :)
I know it well!! :) He had to do something to ease the pain of spending that $$$ haha!

Thanks Charlie!!

...SOOO...all is well once more with the old folks of the farm! :)


JunieRose

16 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!!! I think:) Did they giver her a bath? Hope you have fun.

 
At 10:12 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

I do like stories that have a happy ending. ec

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Marc,

:)

Gabbo gave her a bath - so she's in good shape now!

I've got her on a long leash on the back porch- while we're gone- Chris will let her off when he's home.

I had just about givenup hope of getting her back!!

I'm happy!

Ginga

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)


Me too!

Thanks for coming by.

June

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Oh, hooray!! What wonderful news, Junie!! I'm so happy. I'll bet she's glad to be home too!

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, Skye!

Yes, she seems very content to be home!
Poor old girl had a hard few days.

I hate to go off and leave her tomorrow, but my son will be here.

Take Care-I'll see you next week.

Junie

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie,
what wonderful news, and what a wonderful husband you have.
hugs jacqui

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Jacqui,

Yes, C. is a good one! :)
We're off! See you next week!

I don't even have time to read any post but will catch up next week!

Junie

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

So happy you found Nighty Junie. Now you can rest well when you go on your trip to Alabama....have a great time.

 
At 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so happy you got her back! =]

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Great news June, Have a good week.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~ What wonderful news that
Nighty is back home. And well done to
Charles, he's a good one. I hope you both have a wonderful trip. See you when you get back. Take care, Merle.

 
At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Nightie, so glad you found her. Your husband's comments reminded me of Minnesota farmer comments from my childhood. All tough on the outside, but marshmallow on the inside.

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Maria,

:) yes, C's bark has always been worse than his bite!

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to you all for your good thoughts and kind words about my little dog!

Peter, Joy, Merle and Jacqui!

Also-ALLI!! :)

 
At 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home