Junie's Place: Continuing my OLD FOLKS studies...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Continuing my OLD FOLKS studies...

I just got this in an email from our niece - Jayne!

It's so funny I just have to share it here!

Lol- Hey!
I think we're better off if we're able to find some fun in this aging thing!
What do you think?

~~~~~~

SENIOR DRESS CODE

Many of us "Old Folks" (those over 50, WAY over 50, or hovering near 50) are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We are unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to Conform to current fashions. Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together And should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals

2. Spiked hair and bald spots

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

6. Speedos and cellulite

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Bikinis and liver spots

11. Short shorts and varicose veins

12. Inline skates and a walker



And last, but not least...my personal favorite



13. Thongs and Depends

~ All in fun, folks!~

Junie Rose

14 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Hey Miz June Bug!
I loved the list, it was cute...but even not being 50 or older just yet and due to my recent illness...I'm all for comfort and warmth...I'm sitting here in a sweater right now...not up to dress code but who cares??
Junie...I just wanted to pop in and thank you so much for being such a dear friend and support recently...you are the greatest!!
(((hugs)))

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Tammy,

Thanks for coming by!
I'm so glad you're starting to feel better and hope you're soon good as new!

No thanks necessary, Tammy!
My caring and concern for you could be because you're a girl of the south (like me)...or it could be because you have the same name as one of my girls...or it COULD be just because you're such a nice and sweet person! :)

Anyway- happy to see you're feeling up to making the blog rounds!

((hugs to you))

Junie

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Junie,
I'm sure I saw one of more of these dress code errors on our walk today. They just don't have a clue!!
:-)

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

I know what you mean! I see it every day where we live.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Age is a state of mind...I just wish I could remember what state I left mine in.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) very funny, Doug!

Junie

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Junie, that list is a hoot. I'm still laughing. I'm pretty safe for the first half of all those fashion statements. It's the second half that kind of scares me. I'm making a copy of that as a reminder of what "not to do" in case my faculties start to head south. Did I say start?

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Glad you liked it Joy!

I found it very funny and since it was related to my post of yesterday (about getting old) I thought it would fit in just fine! :)

Junie

 
At 1:10 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Many chuckles from the Senior Dress Code - thanks. ec

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

ec,

Glad you liked the dress code.

They were funny.

The thing is, weird and far out styles can apply to young people too- They just don't realize it!

IMHO-some of those things mentioned don't look that good on the youngest and best of bodies!

...BUT that's just me-maybe!

June

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Funny!
That last one is the "clincher." My clinch and dash post just came to mind. Ha, ha, tee, hee!

Tattoos on firm, young skin end up being drooping and saggy. There are so many things that as we age we need to avoid. That list tells it plainly.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

LOL_ yes (about the tattoos)and I see them often around town-especially at Wal-Mart...for some reason there's a lot there!

Lol-JD your post(clench and dash) was FUN but I'm sure it wasn't FUN as it happened! :) -or should I say ALMOST happened! heehee

Junie

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Funny!! ;D

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) I liked it!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home