Junie's Place: ...about spiders...

Saturday, September 09, 2006

...about spiders...


Since spiders were mentioned in my last post (or their webs were!) I decided to post this poem and spider picture again!

I know!

We've all been there- but here we are again!

~~~~~~

The Spider and Me


Today I did some gardening.
I snipped and groomed a bit.
Until I walked into his web…
and had to pause and sit!

Oh! Woe is me and double woe...
that yucky - sticky mess!
Untangeling strands of spider silk…
not fun, as you might guess!

I didn’t let it do me in!
I’m stubborn - don’t you see?
And, by heck, I would not let
him get the best of me!

So with my garden hose in hand
I washed his web away.
And sent him scuttling up the tree,
where I truly hope he’ll stay!

If I encounter him again,
I hope not in my face!
I hope he builds much higher up -
for him, a safer place!

Once to be enclosed in silk
is plenty… hope he knows!
Next time - I just might arm myself
with more than garden hose!


June Kellum
Sept. 2005


Love,
Junie

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Doing some catch up reading - been busy the last couple of days. The photos are great, even the spider of today's post. All of God's creatures have a place in our amazing world. ec

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

All of God's creatures have a place in our amazing world. ec<<<


ec,

That's exactly the way I see it!
I find Wonder in all of God's creation!

Happy to see you back ! :)


Junie Rose

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Although I really don't like spiders, I find their webs to be beautiful. They are each so intricate and delicate..

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sue,

I don't mind them (spiders) as long as they are not too near me. Lol- but I did a post about finding a huge one waiting on my bedside lamp when I was ready for bed, not too long ago! Now THAT I didn't like!

Still, I tried to catch it with a wet paper towel, to put it outside! He got away so I had to grab the can of RAID! :(

The webs fascinate me!


Junie

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Shelley said...

Great poem! Icky looking spider. We get those around here..but I'm not sure if they are venimous or not. Great photo!

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I'm not sure either-but I don't get too close! I DO like looking at them tho, especially the webs!

Junie

 
At 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great poem June, I don't mind spiders too much but walking into their webs is something else.

 
At 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi June ~~ Lovely poem for Autumn, and your back yard was very interesting.
Like most people, I am not fond of spiders. They are OK as long as I am not too near them. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I hope you and Charles are well and have a good week ahead, Take care June, Hugs, Merle.

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for reading my poem of autumn. That's from many years ago-early70s.

Hope things are fine in your world.

June

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reading my poem.
I don't mind spiders if they are outside.
I find the webs very interesting to look out but hate to walk into one! :) That happens often-as we do have a lot of spiders around here.

June

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What a delightful poem!
I did the same think recently as I was watering my potted flowers. After you walk into a web, you feel like you never get it completely off of yourself until you shower, that is.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jamie Dawn,

Thanks for coming and reading my Spider poem! :) That's from last summer, I think!

Yes, it is messy to walk into those webs!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home