Junie's Place: My travels with Charlie-North Carolina- Oct. 2006- (Part Three)

Saturday, October 28, 2006

My travels with Charlie-North Carolina- Oct. 2006- (Part Three)

We traveled north after leaving Mars Hill-Ashville area, to Spruce Pine-Banner Elk and Boone.

The roads were evermore winding and with mountains in every direction. We noticed that a lot of leaves had fallen here, leaving some trees bare!

Christmas tree farms are a big industry in this High Country of NC. The hills are dotted with trees, many tagged and ready for cutting for this Christmas season. It was a lovely sight-the small cattle farms and tree farms and many rustic old barns still standing-and the (still) colorful mountains as a backdrop for all of it!

~~~~~~

Some pics of Spruce Pine area~

~THIS is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip~



And more~~~









...to be continued... ( a snowy visit to Boone!)


Junie

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Junie,
The pictures just show the fall colors so beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing these with us!!

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sue,

So glad you're enjoying them.

We had a great time.

Junie

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi, Junie. Mrs. DOF sent me. And I surely did enjoy these pictures. My family is from Ashe County, just next-door to Boone, and I so miss visiting there. Not well enough to travel right now, but this is my favorite time of year to visit, so I do thank you for sharing :) Bless your heart, as my kinfolk would say.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Susie,

I am so pleased to have you visit-am happy my NC pics are appreciated!

It was truly just a beautiful trip! So much beauty I was just overwhelmed!

I hope you will continue to read myNC story! :) There's a bit more to tell!

Thanks!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home