Junie's Place: My travels with Charlie- North Carolina- Oct, 2006

Friday, October 27, 2006

My travels with Charlie- North Carolina- Oct, 2006

Part One~


It had been several years since we had made a trip in the fall to see the leaves! It was long overdue! ...So we planned a trip for about a week, starting Oct. 21st....mainly to see some of these!



...And we saw a LOT of them! In fact, we have never been so lucky as to to hit it just right in our past trips! It was peak season for autumn color, starting in the south. (of NC ) Even in the North part of South Carolina, it was quite colorful!

We left home early on Saturday and took our time traveling up through Georgia and SC, arriving at my sister and brother-in-law's house late in the afternoon. They live in Forest City, which is not far over the SC line, in the western half of the state. They are not in the mountains but within easy driving distance of some very fine views. We spent the night and following day and night with them and had a really fun time. They took us sightseeing on Sunday to all the surrounding areas of interest! (Which was EVERYWHERE for C. and me!) We saw some beautiful scenery at Lake Lure and Chimney Rock Park! We also went to a waterfall! We all walked at least a mile up the path to see the main beginning of it!

-A few pics of this outing-














...to be continued...


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Awesome photos Junie! I love waterfalls too. You know, I could have sent you 20 garbage bags of leaves, lol!

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) Hi Carolyn,

I was just at yer place...just missed ,I guess!

:)- so I guess you don't find those leaves as attractive as I do, since you have to rake them up, eh?

The color in the mountains was really gorgeous- and we even saw a little snow in the high
(Boone-Banner Elk area)

Junie

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Beautiful photos Junie! I love how you arranged them in this post!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Sue,

It was sooo beautiful I just went wild with my camera. ;)

Junie

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Color me GREEN June, we don't get the range of fall color that you do anywhere in Australia and in sub-tropical Queensland VERY little at all.

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Well, as you can tell I am very much Taken with the beauty of Autumn color. I don't get to see it often enough. We don't have any color here - although we do have some cold weather in the winter. Not a lot of that, even!

I did enjoy the trip - tho, it was tiring!

(Lol- and there was one mishap that I will be telling about!- I HOPE it will be amusing-and not make folks feel sorry for me!! )

Maybe tomorrow I will get to that!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home