Junie's Place: Nov. Ride

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nov. Ride

Today we had a nice, though windy, ride!

We had planned to ride down to 'Howey in the Hills' to a motorcyclist's event- but found out that's tomorrow instead of today!
So I guess we're in for another ride tomorrow! Just hope it's not so windy! (this is over 50 miles from us)

Here we are just starting out today-



We went , first, to Burger King for a 'FAST' breakfast! Laughable- that title-'Fast Food!'
We decided they must have had to chase down that chicken at a local farm before being able to serve the chicken/biscuits we ordered! But it was ok! We were not in a big hurry.

Charles didn't tell me where we were going but said he had seen something we both have wanted for a long time... I had no idea what it could be- as we have just about everything we want! ( within reason! )

.....Meanwhile- on the way there I saw this patch of Goldenrod growing along the roadside. We stopped and got some pics! Goldenrod is a fall plant I find very pleasing to the eye! Don't you?


*THIS* is what Charles had seen ( at a junk place)

and I really had wanted to get one of these old phone booths. I thought it would be so neat to have one of these booths in our house! It was always an unrealistic wish and I never thought it would happen...just a fantasy! This one was in pretty bad shape-as the pictures show!



He asked the price and was told it would be $2,500.00! :) Needless to say, this will remain a fantasy thing for me-along with a Carousel Horse I have wanted forever!

Both of us had in mind a price in the $200.00 range!

Oh, well! Our junk hunt was not a total loss-as I found THIS at a yard sale!


It's an OLD poster of the Everly Brothers, from mid 50s. It's not dated but I know when they were HOT! I was there! :) I'm thrilled to have it and plan to frame it.

I also found a doll crib from 1953! I'll display it around Christmas with some of my dolls! ;)

All around, this was a FUN day!


Junie (the child)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:54 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Fast food? You don't think they REALLY mean fast, when they say fast food, do you?
Slow food just doesn't sound quite right, so they went with fast food.

That old phone booth is neat. Too bad they are asking a small fortune for it. $2500 seems very high, especially since it is in poor condition and would take some work and money to restore it.

Enjoy your ride tomorrow. I hope it is less windy.

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jamie Dawn,

I'm so happy to see you here- been thinking a lot about you and your family!

Yes- the phone booth was WAY over priced! :) I bet we could get it for a lot less- if we really wanted to try!

Hopefully, tomorrow's ride will be less windy and we will enjoy it more. If it is still wendy we probably won't go.

Take care,

Junie

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger TJ said...

You two seem to have so much fun together!!
:-D

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Tammy,

We do have fun! We've been married 45 years! ;)

Junie

 
At 12:44 AM , Blogger Susie said...

You've been married about five years longer than us, but we sure have a good time together. That phone booth was a bit pricey wasn't it!
Half the fun is the looking anyway!!
:)

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

gees thats a high price for that old phone booth, and also needs a lot of work

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jeanette and Sue,


Thanks to you both for visiting!

Oh, yes, that price was WAY too high!
No one would pay that much for it!!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home