Junie's Place: Poem:Putting Away Halloween-2006

Friday, November 03, 2006

Poem:Putting Away Halloween-2006


Putting Away Halloween -2006

I’ll put you all away, my witches and my monsters, dear.
Hidden there in tissue inside boxes; also taped!

Jack-O-Lanterns‘ smiles and frowns –will vanish for another year…
tied up tight in Wal-Mart bags I saved! No way will you escape!

One more time you’ve done me proud…Wolf Man, Frank and all the rest.
I’ve learned to shiver less, the longer that I’ve known you.

I’ve decided that those scary sounds, and the way you tend to dress
is all for show! Tell me, is this really true?

Next time we meet I know, from having done this through the years,
you’ll all again entice me in your separate, scary ways.

And I’ll eagerly embrace the chance to find those special places,
to line you up together for the scariest displays!

So here you are, you’re all at rest, together in this corner.
Wrapped up safe – until again - your season comes around!

And in the night, when I am trying, hard, to get my slumber
– from you- (encased in boxes here) PLEASE, I don’t expect to hear a sound!

Good night, Monsters, my dears!
See you all again, next year!

Junie (being silly)
Nov 2006

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 8:04 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I hope none of them say a word until next fall.
Today is the day you go for a ride on the bike so I hope you had a good ride.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mornin' Cltff,

Yes- it's kind of cool but we will be riding! It should be nice.

Thanks for reading my silly little poem! haha


Junie

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Skye said...

You're funny, Junie!! :) :)

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Great, great Junie!

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Good one - you must have quite a large storage space for all that. ec

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec,

Thanks!

I DO have a lot of storage but if I keep collecting that's likely to change! :)

June

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To Joy and Skye,

Thanks to you both! I appreciate you reading my silliness !

If 'Bored' one sometimes has to make her own fun!

Junie

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Mr Moonlight said...

My Gosh!! It looks like Alice Cooper's prop room !!! LOL

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;)

Maybe my guys and I can hook up with Alice, ehh?

Juniper

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Susie said...

This is cute Junie! Not sure how I missed it (bloglines has been a bit off at times I think)
You and I both have LOTS of Halloween decor..
:)

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sue,

It's easy to miss something, now and then...for me, at least, as I keep finding more and more blogs I like to read!

Yes, you and I both DO have a lot of Halloween stuff!

LOL! And just wait until you see my Christmas decorating!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home