Junie's Place: ...to condense and conclude...

Monday, October 30, 2006

...to condense and conclude...

~~ I will condense and conclude our trip with this post!~~

( do I hear sighs of relief out there? :) )
~~~~~~


OK- We had enjoyed our little taste of wintery weather in the High Country! YES! Really - even the Wheel- Deal!

It was a beautiful drive from Banner Elk-Spruce Pine area back to Hendersonville where we stayed for the night!

Some pics of that drive:




And here we are the next morning at the motel, before leaving for Franklin and then on to Silva!




The road we traveled between Hendersonville and Franklin was probably the prettiest we had seen...a very winding, mountain road; still in peak color!






SILVA is a pretty little town we had visited a few times before! We like to see that court house high on the hill! ;) We didn't walk up those steps this time , though! With the way my luck was going I just might have taken a tumble down that hill-right into the road! Indeed, the road runs just at the base of that hill!

Some Pics of Silva:








North Carolina! What a beautiful state!


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Beautiful pics! That's one huge pumpkin Junie! Thanks for taking us on this wonderful road trip with you!
((hugs))

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sue,

yep- I had never seen such a big pumpkin!

Thanks for coming along on our trip! :)

Junie

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Peter said...

We were anything but bored by your Leaf Trip June, it was a delight to see.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks a lot, Peter!

It was a fun trip- and fun wrting about it, too!


June

 
At 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine my surprise when I heard the name Franklin ( North Carolina I take it) My first husbands family is from there and when he was alive I took many a trip down to visit. Most Of his family is gone now except for a few grandkids and a sister in Forest City. It has been years since I visited down there but I must agree it is a pretty state.

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To Momma,

Franklin is a very pretty place...and my sister lives in Forest City. They recently moved from Tryan!

I didn't see ANY part of the state that wasn't beautiful!

June

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

More wonderful pics. What a really great trip...and thanks for letting us see it. Love that huge pumpkin....beautiful country. I've never been to N. Carolina...it really looks lovely.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy!

I think NC is the prettiest state I've seen - at least it is in the fall!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home