Junie's Place: Coming on Christmas, they're cuttin' down trees...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Coming on Christmas, they're cuttin' down trees...



I like this card I recieved from a cousin and it reminded me of this song.

"RIVER"

This is a Joni Mitchell song performed by Sarah McLachlan so wonderfully well on her Christmas album, 'Wintersong.'

(view it on YouTube)


~~~Some of the lyrics~~


River

It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
But it don't snow here
It stays pretty green
I'm going to make a lot of money
Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I made my baby cry~~~


~~~Sad~~~


Junie


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

I am very sorry you are feeling poorly, hope you are better really soon.
Cheers Margaret

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks very much, Margaret.

I AM feeling better today so things are looking up! :)

June

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I had never heard that song! Where have I been??? lol Oh my, it is beautiful but sad too.

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,

I didn't know that song either-but it's such a pretty, but sad, song! Sarah does it so well!!

I have become a big Sarah McLachlan fan in the past 2-3- years!

Junie

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I've been listening to Sarah almost every night now....just love her CD...and especially this song.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

Isn't Sarah just sooo special!!

I always enjoy her music- especially this Christmas CD.

"River' is a sad song for sure- but life isn't always happy-and Sarah puts SO much feeling in this song... it's impossible NOT to be able to relate to the words and the way she sings this song!

BTW
I hope your problems in your house are getting resolved!

Love,
Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home