Junie's Place: Today !

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Today !




Today I wrote some cards, wrapped some gifts, and found a few things that might be missed if not put out...so here they are; just a few more of my Christmas things!


This is a very unusual looking santa. It's carved out of a block of wood and very well done! He's almost a foot tall. I have to smile when I look at this one! :) We got him at a local flea market a couple years back!




This little deer ornament has been around since the first grandkids were little...so 20 + years! I think it was a fast food toy! :) Not sure but we have always liked it!


This little santa was a package trim from Mom-in the 60s- or 70s! (I always like seeing this one!)










This is an unusual old santa I bought through Ebay...He's dressed in a padded costume. It's like a tree topper but I can't imagine it being used as such because it's quite heavy. It stands about 20 inches tall! Not sure the history of this one- but it's not American made.



















I collect vintage Christmas Hankies and like to display them like this to set some of my Christmas things on!




Junie

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:23 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

Hi June lovley ornaments, I have never seen a Christmas hanky, how nice they are as well, Cheers Margaret

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie
that wooden Santa is nice and i like all your xmas ornaments specialy those hankies.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

rtJeanette,

I love the hankies. They are so delicate and finely made-some with embroidered designs.

...and that santa is cute and unusual-and he was only $6.00!


Junie

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Margaret,

Thanks for looking at my Christmas things!

I collect all kinds of Christmas items- so it eventually led me to the hankies! I found most of them on Ebay.

Junie

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I just love all your ornaments...the santas are so unusual but what a great find they were!! I didn't even know there was such a thing as Christmas hankies...I love what you do with them!!

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi,

Yes-the hankies is one of my favorite little things to do! :)

I remember a time when these little hankies were very much in style for ladies! I remember my mom and aunts would send them to each other for gifts!

...Along with fancy kitchen aprons they have, pretty much, disappeared from the scene!

Junie

 
At 5:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved looking at your Christmas things, but especially loved the vintage hankies!!! I will have to be on the lookout for some of those.

We just got our tree up Saturday and I posted some pictures this afternoon.

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for visiting and looking at my Christmas things!

The hankies are very nice to collect- they cane be used in such pretty displays! I found most of mine on Ebay!

Hope you'll visit again!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home