Junie's Place: Just a few more of my favorite things...

Friday, December 08, 2006

Just a few more of my favorite things...



( Click on photos to enlarge )








Hi All,

Today was filled with bits of this and that...Still trying to get my decorations the way I want them! I'll get there...lol-I still have 2 weeks to go!

This is what our day looked like today! Cool temps and a blue sky!

This is the bell Charles got a few weeks back at a flea market! He did some welding on it and painted it and mounted it to this pole! It's in our back yard! I just LOVE it!

Here are a few more of my Ornaments and displays around my house!

Nut Crackers ~

Ornaments:

Grandchildren

Cat ~~ I have had this for nearly 40 years. It once held perfume and was a gift from my son when he was a young boy!

Turtle~~ 2 Elf type little people~~ All of these have been around since my kids were little.
(they were trims on gifts I gave them)

Dancing Ballerina doll~~ We bought this little doll about 1972- at a craft show here in Ocala! (many years before we moved here!)

White Birds~ These were bought for our tree in the early years of our marriage- early 60's I think! I have always LOVED them!!

Other things~~~SnowPeople~Santas~~

The bear and Primitive-look santa I like displayed together (also the monkey going after the bananas -never to reach them! :)

~~~

I still have my Nativity to set up and also my Angels and Gourd Santas~~~
but I still have time!

Love,

Junie




Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 10:21 PM , Blogger someone else said...

Oh, thank you for jumping in on the ornament photos. I love your tree ornaments and decorations, and they all have such special meanings. This was a really fun day and I've loved all the participation.

I've got a collection of nutcrackers, too, and they're just so festive!

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

I almost waited too long...in fact- had done a big post earlier on some more of my ornaments-some more VERY SPECIAL ones-(kids and grandkids pictures) but a couple of the girls had mentioned your ornament day today! :) so I jumped in!

Anyway- it has been so much fun the past few days with all the Christmas posts everyone has been doing!

Come visit anytime!

Junie

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

HI Junie
love your Ornaments and your little stories.
Take care

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for reading and looking>

Junie

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

ALL your beautiful decorations...I just love them Junie. I can just imagine how wonderful your house looks with everything up and in place. Are you pooped yet?

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Joy<

YES! I am pooped!

It is nice tho, when it's all ready!

Junie

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Thanks for letting us look at all of your treasures!!
The balerina is too cute!!
:-D

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yes-I like her, too!

It was fun looking at all the different ornaments and decorations!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, such precious ornaments! I've always loved childhood ornaments...our own or our childrens':-) Love the little ballerina ornament!! Wow, that bell looks fabulous...tell Charles that he did a terrific job on it!!!

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Thanks! I still have a huge box of my ornaments- but I guess I will just let them go for this time! The tree we got this time turned out to be much smaller (around) than what we usually have!....but I keep remembering ones that are absent from the tree! :(

-Yes. I think the bell turned out very nice! I'll pass on your compliment to him! :)

Went shopping today so am tired! But may post something later...


Junie

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Bruce said...

I've enjoyed looking at your Christmas treasures!

I LOVE that snowman scene so much, that now you have me wanting to make one too! First, I've got to get some snowmen though! LOL

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, Trudi. I'm pleased you enjoyed looking at my Christmas displays!

Come anytime!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home