Junie's Place: BMW~ A new adventure...

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

BMW~ A new adventure...


Charles found this motorcycle that seemed like a deal he couldn't turn down! It's a BMW K X 1000 ~ It's a 1985 model and in almost mint condition, with only 16,000 miles!
So- it's a collectors item -an antique- says Charlie!

OK ~ he's good at presenting a favorable argument when he wants to buy something! :)

Truth is- I didn't mind buying it and we can enjoy it for awhile and be able to, probably, make a few bucks on it- if/when we decide to sell it!

I have not yet ridden it but I have a feeling the Victory will remain my first choice ride!
:) This bike will be a tighter fit for Charlie and me- I think- haha- smaller seats...less room between us! (or NONE!) ;) Maybe I will be safer if I'm wedged in between Charles and the back of my seat!

I AM happy C. was able to buy this! I've come to feel, as we get older, we should be able and willing to pamper ourselves with whatever little things we find to bring us moments of pleasure! We both hope to have some fun times riding this BMW! :) It may turn out it's His bike not Our bike- but if so- that will be ok.


...I indulge myself much more than I did in the past- with my music, my roses and my computer stuff and camera...and the time I spend with all of these things! Life is short so why not spend it doing what we enjoy as long as possible?


Today I have not felt well. I didn't sleep well last night and have had a headache all day today. I haven't done much of anything...did a little watering in my garden and that's about it!

Tomorrow I hope to plant all these Caladiums! These will go in the front entrance area! Will look very pretty!


~~~

Oh!! Wanna show you one more thing before I go!

Charles came in the other late afternoon, as excited as a kid...saying , "Grab your camera, I want to show you something!" It was just a couple miles from our house...
It was this...

















Charles said....
"I'd love to have that guy!!" I said, "why?" He didn't have an answer ready but I bet he's working on it! ;)

As much as I want my husband to be happy I really don't want a buffalo at our place! ;(

~~~



I hope my sleep comes easier tonight.


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At 11:30 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

BMW makes an awesome bike and that one really looks to be in good shape. That buffalo looks right healthy and BIG too. ec

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi EC,

Yes, I think the bike is a good one- and we will probably enjoy it for awhile. Got it at a good price so I don't think we will lose $$ on it .


:) The buffalo was a big surprise to me! I didn't know he was in a pasture right down our street!

Junie

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a very cool bike Charles bought!! You're so right, Junie, when you say that as we get older, we should pamper ourselves more and buy what gives us pleasure. While raising our children and paying a mortgage, money was always so tight....now is the time of our lives to enjoy it!! Wow, you actually have buffalos roaming around in Florida??? I had no idea! Do hope you will feel better in the morning my friend! xox

 
At 2:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE MOTORCYCLE IS SOOOO COOL!!!!
HE ALWAYS FINDS THE BEST STUFF.

HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL-I'M REALLY BUSY THIS WEEK.

TALK SOON- TAMMY

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yep, that bike is pretty cool . I have not ridden with him yet but will when I get to feeling better. Anyway, am glad he got it because he likes it a lot.

No- not any free roaming buffalo in Florida.

He's in a pasture down the road from us! He's quite awesome to see- very BIG!

Hope your day is a good one.

xox
Junie

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tam,

Yes, a cool bike but I haven't been for a ride yet! :) not sure we'll fit on it! May have to take turns-haha!

Take care!

Love,

Mom

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

He'll talk you right into that buffalo...lol!
Hope you feel better soon!
:)

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, my!! I sure hope not! I don't think he would really consider getting it...

Still not feeling great but I'll be ok!

Hope you're having a good day.

Junie

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Now how has your blog escaped me? It seems that we both have the same interests which include planting flowers and riding. I just learned to ride last summer with the aide of training wheels...Have you seen my bike?

Charles found a gold mine in that vintage BMW and yes, your Victory ride seems more comfortable looking to me too.

Monday we rode to Red River Gorge especially to see the buffalo, but we didn't see any. I guess they were hiding out. I'm glad you got to see one and I'm with you...I wouldn't want one at my house, but I do enjoy seeing them. I forgot to mention buffalo as one of the animals that I have taken a picture of from the bike, when I was a rider behind my husband. We even got chased by one...I don't think it liked the sound of our bike.

Thanks for stopping in to visit and I'll be sure to visit you again, if you don't mind. Hope your headache is gone by now.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Had to bring Bill in to see your newest toy! I know you'll have fun on that one!!
I agree that a bit of indulgence is in order as we age!
Hope you feel better!!
xo

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sandy,

I'm so glad you came to visit and hope you will come again! I have been blogging here for over a year...almost a year and a half now! I have seen you around most of the blogs I read so thought I'd check you out! :)

It's so cool you ride your own motorcycle. I doubt if I ever will, tho C. has said we can get me a smaller bike if I want to learn! But- I'm very short- just 5 ft.- so I think I'd have a hard time of it.
Besides...I couldn't ever find a bike as pretty as that VICTORY! HAHA!...And -I would miss being able to take pictures.

I post about all our rides-so click on labels if you want to see earlier rides.

...Yes- you and I do seem to have some things in common- the riding- the flowers- also I have 3 grown kids and 4 mostly grown grandkids!
But no Great Grands yet!

Thanks for coming by!

Junie

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Susie,

It is a pretty cool looking bike!! :) I haven't been for a ride yet. I want Charles to get used to driving it before I go out! :) He likes it!

Junie

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

Ok Charles you won the bike, but a buffalo.....come on, at least get one that has hair.....LOL Yes Junie life can be short, so why not enjoy it.....I live the the quote "Life is short, eat desert first".....that is a quote to live by.......thanks for stopping by and signing in my photo guest book... that Pea, she sure does find some fun things....I hope I can get people all over to sign like she did.....well enjoy your hubby's bike, and buffalo? LOL

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Judy,

:) The bike is cool- tho I haven't been out with him yet! ( for sure it will be a snug fit for us...compare the seats to the seats of the Victory!)

Lol- he WON'T get the Buffalo-can't afford to feed the big ole thing! Looks ugly with that shedding hair, doesn't it!

I tried to put a picture on your slide show thing-at your place...managed to get 2 messages (which made little sense!) and NO picture! lol- I'll try again- maybe- after some other readers do it! Funny, I had no trouble doing it at Pea's place! :( sorry!


Junie

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Awww c'mon June, a BMW needs a Buffalo for a buddy... jus' like a fish needs a bicycle.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) you funny, Peter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home