Junie's Place: Choices...

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Choices...

Today I had a choice of things to do. I had 2 things high on my list -both needing my attention!

I could ,
#1, get out all my junk that I keep (mostly) enclosed together with rubber bands inside a little notebook. That is all bills and misc. mail, bank statements, medicare statements, and all those piles of offers for a better interest rate for credit cards...

And those HUGE piles of address labels for all those worthy causes! These are good causes, one and all, but I wonder, more and more, just how many address labels do they think any normal person can possibly use! I have come to the point where I often just throw the whole pack away, unopened! Oh! Don't get me wrong here! I do donate to lots of causes! I mean-obviously- they have my number! There's never a week goes by that I don't receive several of these packs of address labels and pleas for $$! I send $$ randomly and never keep track of what I send (small amounts) or to which charities! I figure they are all worthy! But for sure I can't send $$ to each one , each and every time I get the address labels!

This is probably a 'Ginga' kind of thing but I have always donated to The American Lung Association...well, that is, since I found my teenage daughter smoking (against our wishes)oh, so many decades ago! I think I felt it was a way of fighting against the harm smoking would/could do...a small measure of trying to keep my kids safe! This is one I still donate to-above all others! ...However-I couldn't possibly use all the labels I get even from this one organization! And multiply that by about a dozen more!!!

K- one more gripe then I'll move on! Magazine subscriptions that run out -and you've decided not to renew- but they keep giving you just one last chance -over and over and over...and get their prices lower and lower and lower! Sometimes offer you 3 years for the price of one! ....But who can remember details of these things? I sure can't! And it seems my mags run out a lot sooner than you'd expect-since I am always offered these fantastic deals and take them, often! Sometimes I just give it all a break and let them all go for awhile, buy my occasional magazine at full price! Less to deal with in my mailing of bills .

There's other annoyances of balancing the check book ...and realizing there's a check unaccounted for and you have no clue what it was for or for how much...

And much more...

I do not like paying bills!

~~~

OR

#2....I could do garden stuff!

That's what I did! :)

I planted all the Caladiums . (14 pots of them) And I did some weeding but still have a lot to do!

Here's some pics of my flowers!










Junie

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 8:13 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I think you chose wisely = gardens are more fun than paying
bills. although they have to be paid.
Love your photos of your flowers.
Glad you enjoyed the Ashes joke.
Take care fear June, Love, Merle.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I so identify! I have drawers full of address labels and notecards from all the donations to SPCA, handicap orgs, etc. And the mag scripts, lol! I must pay bills today myself- thanks for the reminder ;)

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

Thanks for visiting me.

OH YAH- Gardening is a lots more fun than fighting all that paper work!
I love my flowers!

Junie

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carolyn,

LOL- yah- it all gets a bit much! But then- it IS a good reminder to us all to donate...It's just that I can't do it every week!! :)

Hope things are going ok for you this week.


Junie

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

A way better choice
;)

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

...what I thought! ;)

Junie

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my! I have soooo many of the address labels. We have enough here to last a lifetime if we never get anymore! I get them mostly from the Veteran's and the Humane Society, but then I get them from other places too!

Your flowers are so pretty! What a lovely rose that is!

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for coming by.

Yes, the address labels DO pile up!...It would be better if each sender would cut the amounts in half (or cut them even more) and we would still get the message to donate $$ I DO send $$ often, anyway-to several.

:) We're getting too much of a good thing here!

Happy you like my roses! They have always been very special to me-and I have never been without roses in my yard!

(I added 'Rose' to my name when I startd this blog!)

Junie Rose

 
At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every first day of the new month out goes every bill in my book because the Eagle s---- on the 3rd. I throw away all the labels because when I moved here in '99 I had a stamp made of the important address info. I do have charities I send to but a lot of our income goes to prescriptions and doctors so that is our charity.

I love the roses Junie!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Momma,

It's always a relief to get everything paid and it just seems so harder to keep up with everything as we get older1 (well, just speaking for myself here!) And all the unnecessary stuff that comes through the mail just bugs me!

Our meds take a huge hunk out of our income too! Mine are not so much but my husband's are about 5 times what mine are!!

Happy you enjoy the roses! They have always been a joy in my life!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home