Junie's Place: Hot day!...And some good music stuff!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hot day!...And some good music stuff!



Hot day here!

...and first thing of the day was, we discovered the AC wasn't cooling!
Of course C. took a look but didn't waste much time deciding he needed to call a repair man! (thank goodness!)

I had plans to go out so I got ready and left the hot house pretty early.

I had decided definitely to take the plunge and get my hair cut. Having to wear it up with hair clips most of the time I thought was adding to my headaches.
( I'm sure- because when I would take the clips out it would feel SO GOOD!! HAHA)

Anyway-I did it!
Not great but it feels a heck of a lot better!
Here's a self portrait of my short-er hair! :)









I did some shopping at Wal-Mart ...a few grocery items and a few plants for my garden-

and this CD!

( click to enlarge and read)





From what I have read and heard about this CD, it is comparable to Rush's early-glory-days! (Which = GREAT!)

I hope I can get into this later tonight!

OH! A big plus for me...all the lyrics are included!


~~~

As usual, my shopping day about got the best of me and I am just now recovering! Really- I even had to take a short nap!

The weather has been brutal the past few days!


If I may borrow a popular expression of these days -(among the young, especially!)
"Summer Sucks!"


Junie Rose

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginga,

You forgot to mention that Tammy said that the Gloriosa Lily looks evil, so we renamed it the evil plant.

Terry

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Terry,

:) I thought I'd better not say that... thought Tam might not want me to!!

Everyone seems to LOVE that flower!- You should build a special place(trellis) for your plant!



Ginga

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I recently got my hair cut short since it's so hot and when I'm outside it just gets wet with sweat. It is cooler and easier to care for. I especially like that part!!

I am not familiar with the CD you bought. I hope you enjoy it though. I always like the ones that have the lyrics printed, then I can sing right along!

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger TO BECOME said...

I really like your new hair cut. It looks perfect for you. You should really enjoy it these hot summer days. connie from Texas

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger b13 said...

OH! Let us know how that CD is! I'll have to pick it up!

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOVE your new haircut...you'll feel much better with it short, I'm sure. I often think of getting mine cut...I actually had it trimmed quite a bit a couple of months ago...but it's still long enough and when it's hot I have it up in a ponytail. I've pretty much had long hair all my life and it's hard to even think of getting it cut short! lol xox

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Ya, you betcha...I agree...summer sucks when it's high in humidity and the heat index gets 100+!!!

Wonderful snapshot of you and your hair cut. Mine's near 'boyish' right now, it's so short.

Love the lily photo below, too.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anni,

Pea,

Connie,

Rachel,

Thanks to you all for the comments on my haircut. I have to say it sure feels a lot better.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

b13,

Didn't get a chance yet to listen to the new cd- as I got into watching RUSH vids last night instead!

Will let you know how good it is a little later! ;)


Junie

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy your shorter hair and I think it looks cute. I haven't had not one regret since I cut my long hair off.

It's so hot here...too hot to even ride.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sandy,

Oh yah- I feel so much better with my hair cut shorter. It isn't real short as you can see in the picture, but short enough that I don't have to pin it up off my neck!


The extreme heat has kept us from riding much recently too!...Late fall and early spring are our favorite times to ride!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home