Junie's Place: Trees-Rush

Monday, July 02, 2007

Trees-Rush

RUSH LYRICS

"The Trees"

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'Oppression!'
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw


See this Youtube here!


~~~

Live Oak tree





Junie


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Hummmm....interesting poem....sounds like "political correctness" to me.

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting me here.

ahh... yes, this song does have a political sound to it, doesn't it!

I like it a lot - for the sound of the music. This band -Rush- was/are a good band.

BTW- I see from your profile that you are a Dan Fogelberg fan, That's nice to know! He will always be my favorite!!

Hope you will come again.


Junie

 
At 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there junie -- i'm sure i must have been around when these guys were hot (lol -- being older than trees, here) but i never listened to them, never saw them until just now -- i always notice the drums first, then the lyrics......and the drums were pretty awesome. thanks for sharing this one!!! i've been sorting through stuff today -- looking for stuff -- and i have come across all sorts of pictures of your cows -- too funny -- they had such awesome names......janet reno ring a bell??? lol.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Bonnie,

I am just now getting to know the band, Rush, myself! I like them a lot- lyrics and music! And I understand they are still very good - and touring. Maybe you'll get a chance to see them. I won't! :)

So you have been visiting with my cows, eh? I don't have everything labeled as the label part of blogger is fairly recent...and I never got all my posts labeled.

LOL- we still have Janet Reno! It was not fair or kind of C. to give her that name...especially given the REASON he did! :) OK...Janet was a quite ugly cow when he bought her at the cattle sale...She turned out to be pretty, tho, in my opinion!

I think changes are coming soon with the cows. Chas feels it's time to give it up-as he's not up to the work any more! Probably soon.


Junie

 
At 11:52 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Look at that fabulous oak tree!!!!

Me LOVES it!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home