Junie's Place: Ordinary Day (Post#2 of today) ~~Rush music below!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Ordinary Day (Post#2 of today) ~~Rush music below!



~~Rush music below!~~

~~~

Today was a most ordinary day! Well, just look at what I had for lunch! What could be more ordinary than a bologna and cheese sandwich....well- there are those tomato slices...but still....that raises it's status minutely -at best! Funny thing is...I don't even like bologna and rarely eat it...but somehow it just seemed fittin' for this day!

I didn't get a lot done today- but did trim up the roses. I still have some to plant so maybe I can get to them tomorrow.

I took a walk into a part of the yard that is very much neglected- since we have been concentrating more on the back yard nearest the house...There's much needing attention in this part of the yard - but it will probably go undone- except for the occasional mowing of the grass (weeds) there! Still- there are things of interest to be found there. For one- my red Passion Flower vine is planted there. I hope to have blooms on it soon! It's a very unique flower!

And I found -these!!



























No! I didn't see any Faeries, Trolls, Elves, or Gnomes... but that does not mean they were not there!

It seemed the perfect place for such creatures, to me!

Plenty of hiding places here among these flowers, too!








































I just had the feeling that little folk were watching me!

What do you think?

~~~

So... maybe not such an ordinary day, after all!

: )



Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger someone else said...

Definitely not an ordinary day! Those pictures really do look like there should be elves and fairies peeking out from behind a tiny stalk.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It sounds & looks like your day was far from ordinary. A walk to the far reaches of the yard to see what lurks there is one of the things that I love to do.
Now if that is a home grown tomato that scores a 10 for me although I'm not crazy about bologna...I'm crazy about fresh tomatoes.

Loved your cloud pictures in another post. I am adicted to cloud watching because I love storms. I love to watch mother nature get mad as long as she doesn't hurt anything or anyone. I guess I'm weird.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Not ordinary at all - great photos of God's creation. ec

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Wow! I hit the button before commenting on the tomato - sometimes we just have tomato and mayo sandwiches. Our tomatoes have been coming in like gang busters - good stuff. ec

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I just KNOW there were faeries and little folk watching you as you took those pictures. There were even a couple of ogres, but they were good ogres, not mean ones.

I had sliced tomatoes today too! I didn't have the bologna and cheese sandwich though.
I like your mug with the little kitten on it.

I'd say you had a very nice day. Ordinary, maybe.
But I think ordinary is very nice. :-)
Extraordinary days get sprinkled here and there throughout our lives and make our greatest memories.

 
At 12:17 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
I'd love just the tomato and cheese, hold the bologna!
We've got loads of fresh tomatoes in the garden right now.
I think your fairies might well be hiding somewhere among all those plants!!
xo

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks all, for visiting!

Seems like most agree there might be Fairies (and other folk) about in that spot of my back yard! :) Who can say for sure?
Anyway, it was a nice day...all our days are, in each their own way!


Seems, too, that bologna is not a favorite of any of you. Me either, but it just appealed to me yesterday for some reason.

I love fresh tomatoes,too. These are not ours tho, but bought at a local fruit & Veggie stand.( grown south of us) We've never been able to do well with tomatoes here-The soil is too sandy, I think!

Sandy, glad you liked the cloud pics. The sky is a marvelous thing to watch, isn't it!! I enjoy watching a stormy day too- if I'm safe inside!


Junie

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

I like balony myself ;)
Looks like a right good sandrich!
Hey I had a mushroom come up in my lantana pot overnight then disapeared...I'm thinking the fairies are up to sumpin too ;)

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi EB,

Seems the fairie population reaches far and wide this summer~~~as far as Canada, even! :) When I see mushrooms popping up I have to suspect the fairies are near by...


Junie

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I love baloney but gosh, I don't know when's the last time I ever had a baloney sandwich!! I never would have thought to add tomatoes to it..looks mighty good:-) Oh wow, such cool mushrooms you found...I do believe you've got gnomes and faerie folks living amidst your flowers Mz Junie!! Those are a sure sign that they're around:-) xox

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I made a post about balony sandwiches ;)
come on over!

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes- I thought a sure sign of little people when I saw those mushrooms !....but I didn't see any of them!!


Balonga is pretty good - just occosionally for me. Chas. eats it often so I buy it for him

Junie xox

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol- I saw- will post a little later- Thanks for the mention!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home