Junie's Place: Aging with humor

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Aging with humor

Charles asked me a while ago, "Is today Thursday?" And of course I answered, ( I hope , not smugly) "No, Dear, it's Tuesday!" :)
(My computer has the day and time set- so I was sure of it!)

This is not that unusual for either of us- to be mixed up on the days! It happens because all our days are much the same.Week-end days are not much set apart from the rest, either! It comes from not having a set routine in our lives... of not having our days prearranged for us as it was when we had the responsibility of our family...our kids and then our grand kids!

I remember times of sitting in front of schools, waiting to pick up my kids, and thinking,"I've spent half my life waiting in front of schools!!" Then- a few years later I was doing the same with grand kids! I never thought it would be missed after it was all over...these times of waiting ... I was wrong!

Oh, how I miss all of that...when I was needed and my life had some direction!

~~~

I got this in an email from a niece~



1.
Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked, "How old was your husband?" "98," she replied. "Two years older than me." "So you're 96," the undertaker commented. She responded, "Hardly worth going home, is it?"


2.
Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman: "And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked. She simply replied, "No peer pressure."

3.
I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends. But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

4.
I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.

5.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

6.
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.

7.
These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief."


Remember:
You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing.


***Did I post this before? I don't remember!***

:)


Junie





Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Cute...and I for one don't remember seeing it before!
:)

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm starting to forget what day it is...I need grandkids now to get me on track again! hehe I'll never forget the day I posted "Show & Tell Friday" on Thursday...I was so sure that day was Friday! lol Love that email you got from your neice!!! LOL the sad part is that it's all true! hehe xox

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I simply adore #2 on your list from your niece! That's too funny.

IN fact, all you mentioned about about routine and aging is so true!

Actually, I really don't care what day it is, as long as I wake up to enjoy it.

GREAT post!!!

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks - all you 'Girls'- for your comments! ;)

Anni

Tammy

Pea


Love,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home