Junie's Place: Harassment

Monday, August 20, 2007

Harassment

Some stupid spammer jerk has chosen to harass me over a post my husband wrote almost a year ago...about the 'Harley Rider!' Anyone who read it, I'm sure, recognized it as a story of fiction - along the lines of Victory vs Harley Davidson! (as you know, we have a Victory and enjoy riding) The story was meant to be a fun thing...not something to enrage Harley Riders!

For the record, my husband was a Harley Rider as a motorcycle policeman in Dade Co, Miami.
Not to say we would never own a Harley, but it just so happens we enjoy the Victory we have - a lot!

This little story was just a Victory vs. Harley- rivalry thing! An imaginary encounter my husband had with a guy riding a Harley and he ( my husband) on his Victory! A FUN thing, for cripes sake!! Not something to get people bent all out of shape!!

I have removed the original post and all comments...after some vaguely threatening undertones in this 'Anonymous' person's comments to me! For one... his saying..."have a good day in 'OCALA, FLORIDA!" And reminding me that you never know who might take offense , reading that story! And that a LOT of info can be found on my site here!

(Obviously, no one took offense- since it has been close to a year since I posted it!... Except this person hiding behind his anonymous screen!)

After removing all posts and comments concerning that story and the exchanges with this person, I now find he is posting on Other of my Victory posts of our rides!

This is the latest one:
~~~
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Victory ...etc...":

i do so love the bird nest in the helmut...fitting




toodles

~~~~

Whatever happened to our freedom of speech ? Can a person not have a preference of one item over another without someone taking offense?

Now-I'm starting to be paranoid about everything I have put here! Will someone take offense because I have said I'd rather live here than anywhere I have been...or that I prefer chicken over beef...or that FALL is my favorite season! Will someone call me an idiot because I like to watch sunsets and grow roses??



I need to get Anonymous comments turned off ( or on- whatever!) but couldn't figure out how to do it. Can anyone advise me!

~~~Is this the dangers of which we've all been warned, about the Internet?~~~

Junie

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awww Junie, there's always one who wants to ruin the fun. I wouldn't pay attention to that person, it's not worth it. All they want is attention and if you give it to them, they'll keep on but if you ignore, they'll eventually go away. This is YOUR blog, you have every right to say what you want to say, don't ever forget that!!!! To not allow anonymous comments, go into your Settings...click on the comments tab...where it says "who can comment" click on Only Registered Users. Or you can set it that you view the comment first before you let it be seen on your blog...do that by clicking yes for Enable Comment Moderation...you'll get the comment in your email and you then decide if you want to allow it on your blog. Hope this helps:-) xoxo

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Pea, for the info-

Silly stuff- if you ask me!

Lol! Who would have thought C. could write a far fetched tale and have it taken for gospel truth!! He's good!!


Love,


Junie

 
At 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I hate stupid people like that that have nothing better to do.
You can say whatever you want Ginga. There are far more controversial subjects than a motorcycle, so that guy needs to find another hobby. lol

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks, Sweetie.

LOL- You'd think a person could tell the difference in a TALL-TALE and a true story! That story was written just for fun by your 'Gabbo!'

I can't imagine a person being so offended by something like that...but he was very much offended and took it to be a truthful account of a high-speed mototcycle chase ...between your grand dad and a Harley Rider! lol!!

Oh, well!! Let him send his silly little whining posts!

What a silly name - Anomymous!!! hahaha!! I'd change my name to' I.B.Upfront' if I was this guy! :)

PS- Hope your first day of school was good!!


Love,


Ginga

 
At 11:52 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Pea gave you some helpful instruction on how to change your blog settings.
I'm so sorry this person has been harrassing you.
It's too bad that someone would take offense at something you wrote about in a lighthearted and humorous manner. If they read more of your blog, they'd know that you are not an aggressive person looking for a fight.
I'm sure Charles is NOT happy about this!!
I suppose some people take things very seriously, but I can't imagine leaving such threatening comments on anyone's blog, even if I strongly disagreed with something they wrote.
Just for the record...
I don't care what kind of bike you prefer, and I don't care if you prefer beef over chicken or if you prefer milk chocolate over dark. :-)

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

well- the whole thing was just silly... this person's reaction to this post!

It was a story my husband wrote...just a light hearted story of a 'fantasy' motorcycle chase...where my husband out-does the Harley rider ...leaves him on the road with his bike 'blown up!' (disabled!) ;) Apparently this person took it as a true story! LOL- I can guarantee Charles does not challenge any bikers in this way! LOL- It was a tall-tale just for entertainment!

I feel sorry for people who are so uptight that they can't tell the difference between a story of fiction and a factual account of something!

I'm sorry I deleted C's story! After all - this is MY BLOG!

Thanks, Jamie Dawn.


Junie

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger b13 said...

Anonymous sounds hitonious. :(

 
At 1:08 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

A person that hides behind anonymous is in a sad state of affairs. ec

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Give him the attention he deserves. None.
Shut off comments from Annon.
Now as you were.
Go pull some weeds.

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, guys,
for your comments.


Cliff,

Mr. Eddie

and b13,

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ I am so sorry you had this unfortunate experience and hope you can just ignore him, and keep on with your life. He is not worth worrying about.
Thank you for your comments a couple of days ago and your sympathy on the loss of my friend. I feel so sorry for Ann and her problems, but she will survive it, I'm sure. Take care
June, Love, Merle.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

You're right. I didn't let that guy bother me for long- because he's not worth it!

And also- I know there are much worse things going on than the little aggravation I had with that anon. poster.

Take care, Merle,

Hugs)) June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home