Junie's Place: More on spiders

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More on spiders





... I want to win you over with my spiders! :}
Really - they are pretty cool!

The spiders which I see so often around our place (outside) are called Banana Spiders or Golden Silk Spiders.

Here is a website telling all about them. They are harmless and quite beneficial to have around. Plus- very interesting to see! The webs can be elaborate. I never disturb the webs if I can avoid it.

I found several yesterday in my back yard and in an old shed we have.
:) I never am able to get really good pictures but I sure have fun trying!

This one edged in black makes a good screen for Halloween, so use it if you want! I have it on my screen and it's pretty neat looking!

IMHO, of course! ;}
















LOL...As you can see I'm thinking of Fall and Halloween already!

Have a good day!


Love,

Junie
(Spider Woman)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:50 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

If I have nightmares tonight, I'm blaming YOU!!!!! lol I keep getting shivers now from seeing those pictures...that last picture is kinda cool but that's all I'm admitting!!!! hehe xoxo

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger someone else said...

I think I'll blame my nightmares on you, too! Just kidding. Those are pretty cool pictures.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Susie said...

You have me won over, but not because of your spiders. Spiders and I are not friends!
The pictures aren't too bad, but I wouldn't want to meet one up close!
xo

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That siloutte picture is GREAT! I can see why you are already thinking of Hallowean given the beauty of that picture!

I'm not a spider lover, but I am not too nutty about it....!LOL!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi all,


Thanks for your comments! LOL- I hope I don't cause nightmares for anyone!

OK-OK- I'll see if I can find something nicer to show you next time! ;)

Junie

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

We have harmless spiders here and I leave them alone for the most part.

Unfortunately we also have black widows (far too many) so I'm afraid a few innocent spiders have been dispatched because I wasn't sure and I wasn't about to reach down and turn it over.

You're right though; in their own way they're beautiful and fascinating.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ann,

Oh yah- I watch out for the Black Widows. We have those too. But these big Banana Spiders have a very distinctive look and can't be mistaken for a bad guy!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home