Junie's Place: Update on cows

Monday, November 26, 2007

Update on cows





Update:

Today was the auction- and all the cows are gone now (of the original herd) -including the 2 young calves. They were only a couple months old. I had named them 'Fall Guy' and 'Ocala Blackie.' :( Probably the last calves I will ever name!

....Well, there are 2 cows left but not for long, I expect! 'Cloud' was too skittish to go into the corral and 'Pansy' is due to have a calf soon. Charles will probably wait to sell them (cow and calf) together!

Oh, well! That's life on the farm...and I have to say I'm not too thrilled with it these days!
In fact, I have no intention of getting close to these new cows at all! ;) All new calves will go un-named from now on! For one thing they will all look exactly alike so how could I name them anyway? This is probably a good thing for me- to distance myself from any emotional feelings for these animals.


:) Hey! I never claimed to be a real cowgirl!









Junie Rose





Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:07 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I have read somewhere that the trouble with pets starts when you name them. Sad to let go but now C can surprise you with a big ol' Christmas present.

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Cliff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home