Junie's Place: "Go Down Easy" ~ Dan Fogelberg

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Go Down Easy" ~ Dan Fogelberg




Oh!

I just found this treasure by the wonderful Dan Fogelberg!

Enjoy!

~~~



~Lyrics~

~~~


Go Down Easy

By Dan Fogelberg

( Written by: Jay Bolotin )


Linda lost her lover in the early part of autumn
And she moved out to the country
Hoping all would be forgotten.
The last time that I saw her
She was makin sure the winter
Wouldnt come through that old door frame
Where the door is several inches from the ground,
The cold hard ground.

(chorus)

And its hard to go down easy;
And its hard to keep from cryin;
And its hard to lose a lover
In the early part of autumn.

Well, she learned to cook the meals
And she learned to start the fire;
And she learned to make jewelry
Out of stones and precious metals.
She sits down to the table
With her friends and several others
And she tries real hard to never be alone.

(chorus)

Now the winter wind blows cold
Upon a fair and gentle soul
And she feels as if her time is passin easy.
Her friends are sometimes lovers,
Though theyll always be another
She thinks about when the night time lays on down.

(chorus) twice

~~~

Junie
(#1 DanFan )

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:19 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I always liked him and especially that song, "Run for the Roses."

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

In the blog below, Santa must have taken up farming. He seems to have lost his A**!
You're making me feel bad by getting on with the decorating.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

HAHA-Cliff!!
(about Santa's backside!)

...as for my decorating efforts- they are not going along too fast...

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for listening to Dan!
Oh- I've loved Dan's music for over 30 years! He's wonderful- IMO


Junie

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Mmmmmm love that song...he truly is a terrific performer, isn't he! xox

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,

Oh yes!!! I love Dan!!!

I hope he's beating that cancer!! :( Wish I could hear some news of his health!

Junie

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I loved that video and despite the words to the song I couldn't stop thinking of Christmas because a snowy cabin and Christmas go hand in hand.

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

yes- it has a Christmasy feel about it! Dan Fogelberg is great!


Junie

 
At 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Go Down Easy" was written by Jay Bolotin~ one of the finest writers on the planet.

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To anonymous:

OOPS!

You're right about that, of course!
I just assumed Dan wrote it because he does it so well! :) I love that 'High Country Snows' album!

BTW- are you a Fogelberg fan? I am a long time fan!

Do I know you? Not that I mind talking to ppl I don't know but it's nicer to talk to a friend!

Junie Rose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home