Junie's Place: Our Sunday ~ Dec 2, 2007

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Our Sunday ~ Dec 2, 2007

Today we all arranged to meet to bring Ma-Ma her Christmas flowers. (Charles and me, Tina and Alli, my sis, Joy and BIL- Mike) We met there, in our separate vehicles, at 11:00 AM. It's always a sad time but still I want to go there when I can.

( The marker in the foreground, in one of the pics, shows the place where my nephew and his daughter are buried.)





My nephew Paul and his grown daughter, Brenda, were victims of a motorcycle accident that occurred the next year after Ma-Ma left us. It has been a small comfort in having them there close to Ma-Ma- ( if there's any comfort to be found in these sad things!) Paul was the brother to Phil...my other nephew who recently passed away!
( These losses have been hard for my sister's family- and for all of us.)






It was a beautiful day, as this picture of the blue sky shows...a day Mom would have loved!







We all went to lunch at Chili's and it was very good!

After lunch we parted ways with my sis and BIL , then Charles and I and Tina and Alli went to Lowe's to pick out our Christmas trees! YAY! Got my tree- so one step closer on the decorating path! ....But that's as far as it went today! :( Tomorrow I'll get on it! (I hope!)


While at Tina's house (we took her tree there for her) I was looking through some of her pictures she had in a box. I came across this one of Mom. It's one I didn't remember so I borrowed it to scan . Not sure what year it is but one Christmas Eve here at our house! I'm glad I found it!





Have a good night,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

I know it must be a treasure to find a surprise photo of your Mom. After my folks passed, I found some old negatives, had them developed and they were of my Mom and Dad - quite possibly on their wedding day or shortly after. They were married at the minister's house. ec

 
At 6:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mr. Eddie,

Yes, always a pleasure coming across pictures of my dear mom. It's been almost 5 years and I still miss her a lot.

Take care,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home