Junie's Place: Our Day~1~14~'08...Poem: My Love

Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Day~1~14~'08...Poem: My Love


Today was our monthly meeting for lunch with some of the old guys and wives from Charles' past years as a policeman in So. Dade Co- Miami, Fl. . We have been doing this for a long while...and we never know who might turn up- or how many there might be.

This time the group was very small but it was nice for the guys to get together. Charles and I missed the December luncheon, due to the holiday preparations- etc.

One of our friends, Sandy, is in the hospital with knee surgery, but her husband was there. We were sorry to hear that, and wish her well and hope to see her there next month.

These pictures we made at out house as we were about to leave. I planned to take my camera but after taking several pics of each other the batteries went down. I didn't want to take the time to change them as we were running late.

LOL!

No!

We didn't break the camera! It's fine!

:) It does the best it can with the subjects it has to work on!
haha














Love,
Junie

(the old farm folks~ Junie & Charlie)






~~~~

~A poem I wrote - 2006 ~~~ another re-run~



My Love


These years we’ve been together,
down this road of life…

through calm or stormy weather…
through the pain and strife…

through the happiest of seasons that, so,
out weigh the rest…

sharing what we’ve treasured…
time has been our test!

Both learning, as time passes,
the craft of compromise…

how, overtime, things change a bit,
may take us by surprise.

Sometimes change feels threatening,
seems like the winter’s wind

that howls in it’s persistence,
impatient to come in.

Changes are just ripples,
can’t touch us - you must know-

or break the bond created,
all those years ago.


June Kellum
2006



( More of my poems here )

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Now that's what I call a good looking couple! hehe It's true, you two look so great:-) Glad you were able to go to the lunch this month...hopefully your friend's knee surgery goes well. Oh Junie, another beautiful poem you've written...you truly do have a poet's heart. xox

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Lol- C. and I are just thankful to still be as healthy as we are and able to do the things we like to do.
( he's amazing- the amount of work he does with his cows )


Thanks for reading the poem and for your nice comments. I'm happy you like them -because I like writing them! lol- hopefully, they will keep coming- but - who knows?
Goodnite- I'm going to bed a little early.

Hugs))
Junie

 
At 3:44 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ Are you sure you didn't break the camera? There are 2 photos of you and none of Charles on my computer, yet Carole saw you both. I got so mad with batteries always going flat that I just bought some Lithium one, so hope they are better.

I love that poem and remember it from the last time. You and Charles are so very fortunate to have and love each other so well. May you have very many more years to enjoy together. Gad you liked the Senior Special Breakfast - I did too.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,


LOL- well I don't know why Charles' pic is not showing up for you- It shows for me. Oh well- I will never understand all this computer stuff. ( but have a lot of fun trying!!)


I use my camera a lot and use those recharageable batteries... but after awhile they get to the point where they won't re-charge.

Hope things are great in your world today!


Love,

June

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

It is a good thing for old friends to get together, however often. There are five of us guys that once worked together that meet for supper once a month, always a hoot. ec

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi, ec,

Yes- you're right...always good to keep up with old friends.

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Beautiful poem Junie. It really speaks to those of us who have been married so many years..
xo

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Susie,

Happy you like it.


Hugs))



Junie

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Dang, you beat me to it with the broken camera comment.
Glad you got to get toghether with friends. Nothin betterin that.
Nicely done poem.

Ya know I've had grits several times and I guess butter and salt would be the best way to eat them. If you must.

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,


Thanks for stopping by-

:) Well, it WAS hard to miss the timing of that camera giving out on us- lol- right after those pictures of us were taken! haha

...Yes- the guys like to get together for those monthly lunches- everyone enjoys it!



Cliff says...

"Ya know I've had grits several times and I guess butter and salt would be the best way to eat them. If you must."


Junie says...

LOL- Do I take it you're not a 'TRUE GRIT LOVER?'


PS- Thanks for noticing the poem too!

 
At 3:26 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi again June ~~ Today there are 2 photos, one of you and one of Charles. Definitely different to yesterday. Love, Merle.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Glad the photos are showing for you . I removed one of me so there's just 2 there to see.



Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home