Junie's Place: Of fruit and cats

Friday, January 18, 2008

Of fruit and cats

It's been a long, mostly un-eventful day for me today~ although I DID get some juice made. Had the oranges already picked but had to go pick a bag of grapefruit.

This is some close-ups of the grapefruit trees and the fruit! I like getting underneath the trees and looking upward. The fruit is smaller this year but still as good and juicy as ever! Thankfully, the 2 or 3 freezing nights we have had didn't damage any of the fruit.


The grapefruit trees:




































This is one of the orange trees in our back yard. This is a Valencia tree. I haven't even sampled this tree's fruit for juice yet, (because the Honey Bells are so good and abundant) but just look at the amount of fruit on this tree!















Caught my cats in a play-Cat Fight today. (They would never have a real fight!) They are both such sissies...couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag, if truth be told, but they like to play it tough! HaHa - yes- even Tiger who came to us as a grown cat, without claws!

Tiger is a lover and when we got The General as a kitten, Tiger was very taken with him- very protective of the baby kitty. They have always been best friends! So all their fights are fake ones!

OOPS! Hope they don't read this...wouldn't want to offend them with my talk of their
being wussies!

I'm kidding, of course!
They be sweet old
cats! ;)





Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Junie, you must live in the Garden of Eden! I would love to have fruit trees like that :)

My cats fight only when we're looking, just to save face I suppose ;)

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carolyn,

Florida does have some good points! :) A lot, in fact!


I love to watch my cats 'fight!' (s)


Junie

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The thought of picking one's own oranges is rather exotic to me. Great cats btw.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I like getting under trees and looking up through the branches too, Junie! I even do it with my Christmas tree!

Your cats look cute when they're fighting! We're trying to keep our dogs from fighting at the moment! Phoebe always wants to play-fight with Zena, who is much too old for that and just gets cross and snaps at her! I think they will get along soon enough, though. :)

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Thank You for such wonderful pictures.
Just what I needed today, when the thermometer says Zero.

MrsDoF

 
At 6:13 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Yep, I'm the same way. It's -10 right now here at the farm and this seems surreal that somoeone is picking oranges from their backyard whilst we wonder if any of our vehicles will start.
I would be someone's favorite neighbor because I would give all of the grapefruit away.
I see Charles is taking a solid interest in blogging. Great. I'll be expecting a 'guest post' from time to time.
Well I'm about to go to an auction to watch some machinery sell. I'm interested in several of the items.
How about that, standing around for a couple of hours in 10 below weather.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anvilcloud,


We enjoy having the fruit trees- but it's not that unusual here. :) The fresh juice is wonderful.


Junie

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Skye,

I'm sure that new puppy will win Zena over in time. Most dogs and cats enjoy having other animals in the family. Just sometimes takes a little while to get used to the new addition.


Junie

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Diane,

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pictures!
As you see our citrus wasn't hurt by our couple nights of freezing temps.
Am enjoying the juice and wish I could share it.

Keep warm!


Junie

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

Well, we do have more grapefruit than we need- and give a lot to an old man we know! In fact, we supply several neighbors and all the family with fruit.

Yike! 10 below!! I couldn't survive in that! Here in North-central Florida we have just a few days/nights of cold each year...I mean when it might get down to freezing for a few hours! lol- just enough for me!

That auction sounds just like something Charles would like to be doing! He LOVES all things connected to farming.

As for his blogging...:) I doubt that he will ever get into that- tho he DID do a few stories from his childhood (growing up in Alabama) and I posted about them. Some are even in his exact words!
Those stories were posted on my blog in 2006 Those stories can be found under 'Farm Life of the Past:' They were interesting for C. and me to do together!
(lol- tho the stories were not new to me- after all these years!)

Take care- have fun at the auction!


Junie

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger someone else said...

Your fruit trees look wonderful. I can almost smell the fruit!

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Awww, them's sweet critters you got there!

There's nothing like fresh fruit right off the tree.
We used to have 40 acres of mandarins in CA. I sure miss that fruit!!!!
I've been juicing up a storm, and I really like carrot juice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home