Junie's Place: Poem: My Nights Are Long And Lonely

Friday, January 11, 2008

Poem: My Nights Are Long And Lonely


Note:

(This is a poem I have posted before...

 but for some reason it came to mind tonight.

 Hope  you won't mind a re-peat !)






My Nights Are Long And Lonely



My nights are long and lonely.

So many thoughts invading.

Rendering nil and useless,

my feeble stabs at sleep.


   Thoughts scuttling, to and fro,

of all the words we’ve spoken… 

  yet, many more left dangling-

     unborn - or buried deep.


Past phrases leap and frolic.

Unanswered questions linger.

Meanings lost in limbo,

the two of us have found. 


Be still!

 My weary heart

is needing rest and solace.

Still, endlessly, the memories

 continue swirling ‘round!


At last, sleep is descending,

 so deep that dreams can‘t follow.

…And, for the moment, resting…

   the puzzle - You and Me. 


This welcomed rest I covet,

 embrace it, seek to hold it!

For these fleeting hours,

I know that I am free.

   

  

June Kellum

2005

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:10 AM , Blogger b13 said...

With your new mac you will have to fool around with iPhoto and the book creation tool. You should make a coffee table book with your photos and poems. Both are very good!

 
At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you B13 for the very nice compliments.

I do love fooling around with my pictures and poems. Both have been a life-long hobby of mine.

...Never thought of doing anything with the poems except just writing them when they come to me! :)

Junie

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger someone else said...

Very nice.

I hope you're able to get some good sleep very, very soon! It's so frustrating to experience this. Tylenol PM and not looking at the clock when I wake up in the middle of the night help me a lot.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I just love this poem Junie...it's beautiful...one of your best, I think. Happy weekend sweetie...

 
At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MG,

Last night was better. I slept straight through - over 6 hours! :)
So maybe things are getting better.

Thanks for visiting me.


Hugs))

Junie

 
At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,

Thanks so much. I'm happy you appreciate my poems.


Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home