Junie's Place: Bits and pieces of my night

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bits and pieces of my night

Oh!
Yes, as expected...the little nap of yesterday afternoon prevented my getting to bed early...or even considering it! I knew it would...but -oh, well!! That's just the way it is these days and I can't worry about it! I'll sleep when I feel like it-and blog when I feel like it...or read or do music listens or whatever strikes my fancy- on my own time schedule ~ when I feel like it!


The sleepless time was well spent and the night of music ended once again with my favorite Rock band - The Who!

... Watched some Videos... 'See Me-Feel Me- Touch Me- Heal Me' - at Woodstock. Great fun!

This band has had a fantastic career and I'm so happy I finally got to see them last year...( Yes, pretty much at their end, I believe!) Am still looking forward to the DVD from the concert that we saw in Tampa last year.

...and my reading time came, too- I'm into Stephen King's latest book... 'Duma Key,' which is set on Florida's Gulf coast (not his more often used, Maine coast) This book, as could be expected, is shaping up to be an intriguing read! :) I wouldn't expect anything less from Stephen King!
This book has more than 600 pages! Yikes! Will take me forever but it will be an adventure, I'm sure! Stephen King has been one of my top favorite writers for...oh - a very long time! I have read almost everything he has out there!

My OTHER #1 writer is Dean Koontz. These 2 have gone far toward keeping me entertained on my sleepless nights for the past 30 + years. I'm just guessing at the number of years but, surely, it must be close to that!

Before that there were others, of course, because reading has always been a big part of my life! Having a book by my bedside has been the normal thing all of my life! Poe was one of my earlier favorites! :) You get an idea of the kind of stories I like, ehh?

:) So enough rambling for now. I have to do dishes and then consider what Time I need to take up my book and start the journey toward my night!

~~~

Oh, and
Valentine's Day is near. ...Charles and I have no plans and, in fact, I have not even been able to shop for a card or gift for him! I have been without a car for almost 2 weeks now- so that's my excuse :) My grandson had to borrow my car while his truck is in the shop!

(Yes! I'm not a bad Ginga! )

Anyway, about the Valentines...I will just have to tell him I love him, I guess! That'll work! Maybe it will!


( There will be Valentine poems on my poem site)

~~~

Have a good night!


Junie


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:52 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

That is a blessing and curse of being retired, doing stuff when and if I choose - sometimes stuff just don't get done. :) ec

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mr Eddie,

;)


I know what you mean...

....but, we're old! We've earned the right to do stuff in our own time and way...or NOT- if we choose!

lol- at least that's MY defense and I'm sticking to it!!


Junie

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Spring blossoms and it's 10 degrees here right now. Now I'm mad.
My favorite old band was The Eagles.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:( Sorry, Cliff,

Hope spring comes soon for you folks out there! Seems like you've had a LOT of cold and snow this time!


Oh- yes- I love the Eagles too! Have a lot of their albums.


Thanks for visiting me here.


Junie

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Great post and I so enjoyed your lovely poems. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am sure you and Charles will have a lovely day together for Valentines Day. And that is the best thing of all - to be
together. Glad you liked my jokes and roses. Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,


Thanks for coming and reading my poems. I'm happy you enjoy them!

I always enjoy visiting your place. I can always count on a smile! :)


Love,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home