Junie's Place: Longer

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Longer

~For Valentine's Day~

This is the most beautiful love song ever written! It has been one of my favorite's of Dan Fogelberg since the first time I heard it all those many years ago! (Mid 70s)

I only wish this was an actual performance of Dan singing this on stage.
Nevertheless- this song is perfection!





  ~~~

Here are the lyrics to this beautiful song.


LONGER

(Dan Fogelberg)


Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean

Higher than any bird ever flew

Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens

I've been in love with you.


Stronger than any mountain cathedral

Truer than any tree ever grew

Deeper than any forest primeval

I am in love with you.


I'll bring fire in the winter

You'll send showers in the spring

We'll fly through the falls and summers

With love on our wings.


Through the years as the fire starts to mellow

Burning lines in the book of our lives

Though the binding cracks and the pages start to yellow

I'll be in love with you.


Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean

Higher than any bird ever flew

Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens

I've been in love with you

I am in love with you.



Junie 



Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 10:53 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Good song - brings back memories. ec

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC,

Happy you enjoyed it.

It's just a perfect song!


Junie

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Kelli said...

This is a beautiful song, Junie!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! Thank you for the birthday wishes too. :0)
Kelli

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Kelli,

Thanks for coming by and I'm happy you enjoyed the song!

I'll visit you again soon.


Junie

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Wonderful song and I doubt if there is any other song better for
lovers and Yes I had noticed you were a romantic!! Glad you enjoyed the jokes, I get most out of a joke book.
I like Ali's hair color.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle

 
At 1:19 AM , Blogger someone else said...

This has been a favorite of mine, too, since I heard it so long ago. I love this song!!

 
At 2:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Junie!
Gr8 taste in music. I LOVE this song. GMTA (Great Minds Think Alike). Ironically, I posted my "Tues. Aft. Tunes" so I hope you visit. :)

 
At 2:34 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I heard this song on the radio as a teenager... had no idea who sang it, but thought it was the most amazing song ever, so I recorded it off the radio onto a cassette! Only found out later that it was sung by Dan Fogelberg, and that's when I became a Dan fan! To this day, that song is still my favorite of his.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

I love that song as well.
Alli is as very beautiful young lady.
Cheers Margaret

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It certainly is a beautiful love song.
Perfect for upcoming Valentine's Day.
It puts us in the MOOOOD for LUV!
:-)

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for coming by. I think there is no prettier song than that one of Dan's!( But- you know how I am about Dan's music! :) )

Yep- alli's hair looks cute! I saw it 'in person' tonight!


Will visit soon but am just too tored tonight!

Take care,


Junie

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

MG,


Thanks- I think this is just the most perfect song I have ever heard!


Junie

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Gel,

Thanks for your visit and comments here and the other posts.

I'm so glad you liked the DF song! It's just a perfect song!

I DID visit your place and read your love song list.-and you picked some good ones! I'll try to get back and comment! (have had a hard couple days -and sleepless nights so haven't done a lot on the blogs)

Thank you again for coming by. I DO appreciate it.


Junie

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Skye,

I know you like Dan's music so I'm very glad you checked out my blog.


I hope you're doing ok!

Junie

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Margaret,

Thanks! (about Alli) She's pretty- and very smart and sweet too! :)


I'm glad you enjoyed the song I posted! It IS beautiful!

Will visit you soon.


Junie

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, JD,

One of my favorite songs of Dan Fogelberg...


Junie

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Junie,

I don't know if you ever saw Dan on Soundstage a few years ago; I did not.

Anyway, they're going to feature him again in February (the 21st-23rd on my local station). Check out the programming schedule on their web site.

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sarah,

Thanks! I will be sure to check on this! I will treasure every little bit of Dan that we have left!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home