Junie's Place: Sometimes a Song

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sometimes a Song

Sometimes a Song




Last night I got this beautiful new song from Dan! I'm so glad to have this to add to my memories and treasures from Dan Fogelberg!

Please visit this site to get details of how to get this beautiful song for yourself!

All proceeds go to the fight against Prostate Cancer.

This is a wonderful tribute to the memory of Dan Fogelberg!



On this website you will find what Dan had to say...( after his treatment for cancer) a message to all men to get tested.

~~~

Later this year we have been promised a CD from Dan...a collection of songs not previously recorded!

I am so thrilled with this news! I know it will be very special...as this one new song is!

Oh! I will always miss Dan Fogelberg!

( these pics are from Living Legacy site)


Junie (feeling sad)


***

NOTE:

We will be at the Gordon Lightfoot concert tonight! :) That will be very nice!

***

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Waiting seems so hard....

I'm thinking you mean to say "not previously published".
If Dan had not 'recorded' the songs, we would not have them available at all.

Mrs DoF

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

You were/are Dan's #1 fan I'll bet!!! How nice to be able to still get some of his songs!! I always liked his music.

I guess you are enjoying the concert about now!!

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Diane,

What I meant to say was that these are 9 songs that he had not used in any of his previous album releases...had not recorded them for any of the albums before he became ill. In fact- these may be songs he wrote AFTER he became ill.

lol- but - yes- at some point he DID record them.( Thank goodness!)

I imagine there was/or will be- a lot of work that went/or will go- into the mixing and arranging to get all this new material together to make this new cd. If it had been ready to go it could have been released before Dan's death, but apparently it wasn't completed.

I'm just happy the songs are available and that the effort is being made to get this cd out for Dan's fans...:) whatever they have to do!

I'm looking forward to it.


Junie

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Yep- have been #1DanFan for more than 30 years! I saw him in concerts almost a dozen times!

I think it's just wonderful that there will be one more album of his music. I will love having it.

Junie

PS- will write about the show we saw tonight- TOMORROW!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home