Junie's Place: Dan Fogelberg ~In honor of Earth Day ~ & 'PG' pic

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dan Fogelberg ~In honor of Earth Day ~ & 'PG' pic



Remembering Dan...







Lyrics:
(Dan Fogelberg)


The Wild Places



I was walking alone through the lofty san juans

With a heart full of light and a head full of songs

I was thinking of time and how much it will cost

To recapture the souls that we surely have lost


In the cities and towns there are millions who dream

But the traffic’s so loud that you can’t hear them scream

There’s a heaven on earth that so few ever find

Though the map’s in your soul and the road’s in your mind


So many mountains before us, so many rivers to cross

Where is the wisdom to bring back the vision we’ve lost

Can we gaze with the wonder of children into the deafening night

Has it gotten so dark that we cannot remember the light


When you sleep on the ground with the stars in your face

You can feel the full length of the beauty and grace

In the wild places man is an unwelcome guest

But it’s here that I’m found and it’s here I feel blessed



Love,
Junie


~~~


...and some green from my world today...





For more Project Green pics go to Anna's site!




Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

This is very lovely Junie! I'm so glad you posted it.
The lyrics say a lot!

Hope you're enjoying your day!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Nice song that I had never heard him sing before! Thanks for posting it.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Rachel and Carletta!


I thought this beautiful song of Dan's was very fitting for Earth Day!

(Oh! How I miss him! :( )



Junie

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I Love the beat of it...and the words are so true! Thanks Junie!!hughugs

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) happy you like it, Donna!

 
At 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with us this lovely song and lyrics :)
Happy Earth Day!!

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) You're very welcome!

I'm always happy to share Dan Fogelberg's music with folks!


Happy Earth Day!


Junie

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger The Apron Queen said...

Enjoyed your Project Green. Come check out my green sand pails. I'm still trying to get the sand outta my shorts! :D

http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/04/tackling-sand-in-my-shorts.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home