Junie's Place: Music and shopping

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Music and shopping

( Project Green post later)


Note:

This was written last night
but I was unable to post it!
So this is yesterday's news!


~~~

Today was one of those kinds of days...
You know the kind... those ones with the
highest points
and the lowest points!

The kind of day that makes your head swim -
with all the jerks and sudden turns!

Roller-coaster-ish!!! Ok- as usual I'm being
overly dramatic...but ....


Well- ok- I had to go shopping today...
and I got a very late start ,

so was kind of agitated, right from the git-go.

Missed the mail lady so didn't get my bills sent,
(the bookwork I did late into last night)
which necessitated re-entering the house with
the current mail and news paper,
and a new phone directory that had been left
on the ground by the mail box.
(plastic bagged, but dirty) Trying to keep all that
stuff separated as I unlocked the door
and to keep a minimum of sand and trash from
my clothes and the floor.

I paused long enough to get the dirty coverings
off the phone book-and thrown in the trash,
and, finally, I got out the door for the second time.
(Vowing to get those bills mailed tomorrow!)

Things are rushed this week...and I knew this was
my only day for shopping.

Tomorrow evening we will be going to Alli's
school for her Honor Roll induction...
Well, I'm not sure exactly what it is called.
:) I just say she's to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Our Alli is an extraordinary girl- in case you hadn't
picked up on that! :)
I'll have more on that AFTER tomorrow night,
and maybe even a picture or two! :)

Friday Charles goes to have those stitches removed
and , hopefully, to get a good update on his
skin problem!
I also have a Dr. appointment Friday -
the bone density exam that I have yearly.
Have to find out if I'm still shrinking! :)

(I guess I might as well give up my hopes of being a
model when I grow up! )


Saturday, Charles and I have plans to go on a little trip
for our anniversary, which is Sunday.
We're going to Steinhatchee,
just for an overnighter. Will be back late Sunday.
Steinhatchee is a cool little Gulf Coast town,
just about a 3 hour drive from us.
We'll be able to have some good seafood and
maybe catch a sunset across the gulf!

Oh! It's our 47th anniversary this time!

We always add..."If we make it that long!"
(meaning- if we manage to stay together
another few days! ) :)
We will!!


The main reason for my getting out today was to
shop for
some anniversary gifts for Charles...not an easy task!
I did find some things, though.

I also found the cutest little garden or porch
ornament for my sister's birthday...
I thought it just perfect- since that's her name!



Cute as heck!!

...Well, I mentioned the ups and downs of this day...
A downturn was about to happen...

When I got home I gathered up the bags with the gifts-
wanting to get them stashed away-
out of sight before Charles realized I needed help
with the rest of my bags...

In my haste, one of the bags slipped out of my hands
and smashed onto the tile floor!
It had to be the one with the breakable thing in it!
I cried in frustration at my clumsiness!!
( breaking what I considered
the perfect gift for my sister)



:( Maybe I can glue it together and use it
in my own little herb garden!


~~~


I had remembered to bring along some
good music to listen to!

(LOL-SEE??
I remember the important things!!)
I chose This CD for my traveling today!



I have mentioned this very special CD before.
It's just wonderful!
Each time I play it I experience the thrill all over again-
just as I did the very first time I heard it.
It's a CD produced by George Martin,
with an extraordinary
line-up of talented singers and musicians,
performing mostly Beatles songs...
in each their own unique way.


...After the stress of the shopping- and all of that-
I have spent most of the evening relaxing with
Youtube vid searches. I had never thought to look
up George Martin's 'In My Life' CD
and was pleasantly surprised to
find some of the songs posted on Youtube!

This one is such fun!






Enjoy

Junie

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Guess we all have those up & down days from time to time. Such a shame about the cute gift you found for you sister.
Wishing you and Charles a lovely getaway and best wishes for a very Happy Anniversary!
xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home