Junie's Place: Shades of green in my life

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shades of green in my life



Today I'll show you a variety of green in my life!

Living in the country as we do, there is always some unexpected delight awaiting me when I go outside and it is often in shades of green!

Mushrooms always fascinate me with the interesting patterns they make when they just pop up in unexpected places around the yard. I think they look so cool against the green grass! I can almost imagine fairies and elves living beneath them! With that lush, green grass as a carpet it seems a perfect place to be!



My husband often brings me things of interest he finds outside...LOL - like snakes, dead scorpions- etc!!

Well, knowing my involvement with Anna's 'Project Green' at the present, he knew I'd be interested in seeing this green bug he found yesterday! It's a type of Scarab Beetle (Dung Beetle.) Yah-I know-that is pretty gross but it's an interesting bug and very colorful! While researching this beetle I found a lot of info on them and this picture that looks like the one we found. It's hard to be sure as there are over 30,000 of these related beetles!





~~~

This is another bit of GREEN in my life that's always fun!

Imagine finding this, way down south!

:) Yummy Italian food!!















...Look for the green in your life!


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Junie: Fun post with lots of Green. I'm glad to see the Green bettle in your yard not mine.

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Karen Coutu said...

I prefer the mushrooms over the dead bug. LOL!!! Nice job on these PG photos.

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Donna said...

LOL...EEWwweeeeee...bugs....LOL..Neat shots Junie!!hughugs

 
At 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your green pictures!

Have a great day! ♥

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

In late spring and all of summer (where we live anyway), it's always interesting to see how many shades of green there are in the landscape.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Fishing guy,


I liked that beetle. He was very colorful- The picture doesn't really do him justice! :)

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Karen<


:) He wasn't dead ...but just posing nicely for me to get his picture!

haha- He must have heard of this Project Green we have going and wanted to get in on the action!


Junie

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Donna,


....But as bugs go....isn't he a pretty one? :)


Junie

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ya ya,


Thanks for looking at my green!


Why not join in? It's fun!


Junie

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

I bet green is really welcomed in your world- after such a long winter!


Junie

 
At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit you have a wonderful array of green there Junie.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Momma,

Thanks!

 
At 11:05 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Hi Junie,
I love the mushrooms - they remind me of drum cymbals!
I don't care what the others say - the bug is a gorgeous shade of green!
Have a good night!
Carletta

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Raven said...

Great post. The mushroom photo is very cool... They really are fascinating. Good shot of the bug. Glad he's with you and not me, though.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Oddly enough, I really like that Beetle, lol! Interesting color.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Raven and Carolyn,

Thanks for looking!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home