Junie's Place: Darling Pretty

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Darling Pretty


I just have to share this!

~ Mark Knopfler ~ 'Darling Pretty' ~







Darling Pretty


Its time to come away, my darling pretty
Its time to come away on the changing tide
Time to come away, darling pretty
And I need you darling by my side

Heal me with a smile, darling pretty
Heal me with a smile and a heart of gold
Carry me awhile, my darling pretty
Heal my aching heart and soul

Just like a castaway
Lost upon an endless sea
I saw you far away
Come to rescue me

Cast away the chains, darling pretty
Cast away the chains away behind
Take away my pain, my darling pretty
And the chains that once were yours and mine

There will come a day, darling pretty
There will come a day when hearts can fly
Love will find a way, my darling pretty
Find a heaven for you and i
Love will find a way, my darling pretty
Find a heaven for you and i


* Mark Knopfler ~ lyrics
*



Junie

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love It! Love It! Thank you for sharing with me. Jay said the album is 12 years old and out of stock when he checked it out.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Momma,

I'm glad you liked that! Isn't this guy the greatest!!! We just saw him in a concert in Atlanta- and he really gave us a good show!

I just recently 'discovered' (Dire Straits) _ Mark Knopfler! NOW- I want to get my hands on everything he ever did! :) Youtube is great fun for me!!

Junie

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Eve said...

I love youtube in spite of my sister in law telling them there are bad things on there and she won't go there. LOL..My favorite is still "Poor Boy blues" ..with Chet Atkins. They were great together.

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, I love it also,

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ooooh what a beautiful song and I love the words to it. I'd never heard it before so this was quite a treat. I bought myself an MP3 Player, similar to an iPod and have been downloading songs on it all day:-) xoxo

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Eve,

Well, sure, there's bad things but we know what to avoid- right? The music available is just wonderful-IMO

I agree Knopfler and Chet Atkins were great together. There's several songs of them together.

Thanks,


Junie

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jen, I'm glad you like Knopfler... I think he's great!

Thanks for coming by again.


Junie

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

I'm happy you're enjoying my obsession with Knopfler haha-

..lol- I think I'm getting a lot of folks into music more! GOOD! :)


hugs))



Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home