Junie's Place: Our trip continued... #5 (Pics for the family)

Friday, August 08, 2008

Our trip continued... #5 (Pics for the family)



My brother and Sister-in-law have a pretty place in Priceville, and they have 2 of their sons and their families close by; kids, grands and great grands! There's always someone of the family stopping by to visit with them a little! I was glad to have been able to see all the local family there!






















Some pics of my brother's folks in Priceville:





































































My sister-in-law proudly showed me this poem that the little girl above wrote as a school assignment-about grandparents:

AS follows~~~
(I tried to scan it but my scanner isn't working so I'll just have to type it!)


What Makes a Grandparent

What makes a grandparent? It's easy to tell.
But it's not glasses or a cookie smell.
It's not a garden or silvery hair.
It's not fishing poles or a rocking chair.
What makes a grandparent?
You probably know.
Loving a grandchild is what makes one so.



~~~

I like it! :)


We were there 4 nights, but spent 2 of the days in Athens, attending the family reunions there. We meet on Friday evening and again about noon time on Saturday.

Charles and I like to ride out in the country and see some of the old places of his youth. This year, as in years passed, we again did that. This time, though, we didn't spend as much time as we usually do! :( I DID get a few pics of barns, though...barns that my husband knew when he was a kid growing up there! I love that some are still standing, after all these years.

I'll have to continue tomorrow with my country scenes and the family reunion in Athens! :)



Junie



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to visit family and just enjoy spending time together! Loved seeing all the pictures and look at the smiles on everyone's faces:-) Have a great weekend dear Junie! xoxo

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Great pictures of your family. I love the poem. I am going to copy it. You have a really nice looking family there.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time visiting with your brother and his family. They sure have some mighty fine looking family members!!

I LOVE that poem; that is just the sweetest!!

Hope you're having a great Saturday, Junie Rose!! ((HUGS))

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, girls! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home