Junie's Place: Today's Spider!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Today's Spider!












Today I checked up on this spider I've been watching for a few days!


Yep- he's still hanging 'round!







He has this elaborate web stretched between
a Magnolia tree and a shed in our east side yard!

This time he didn't scurry away,
so I was able to get some pretty good pictures of him...or maybe 'her!'


I wanted to include this first pic because it shows more of the web.

(click to enlarge Pics)


Here is a closer - up look at my 'spider of the moment!'

( NOTE:
This particular spider has only 7 legs! I wonder what happened! )


From what I can determine from my research of Florida spiders, the name of this spider is: Black and yellow argiope spider, Argiope aurantia

Click on above link to read more about this and other spiders!

~~~

LOL!

I can't help it! SPIDERS are fascinating to me!!


Junie Rose

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Junie, spiders fascinate me too so you aren't alone :) This one is a beauty.

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

A great capture this one is Junie!

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Faye,


Cool!!
You like spiders too!!

BTW- Visited your blog and you have some wonderful photos on display there! I'll be back!


Thanks for coming by!


Junie

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta!

Thanks!

LOL- I'm gonna turn you into a 'Spider Lover' before I'm finished! haha



Junie

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Gee, Junie, where in the world do spiders grow so BIG? I have only little spiders around here (Queens, NY):)

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL!
(Mary-The Teach)


We have BIG spiders in Florida!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home