Junie's Place: Night Blooming Cereus

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Night Blooming Cereus



Yes! One more bloom on my Night Blooming Cereus!

I was determined to catch this last bloom of the year.
(probably, the last)




I noticed a few days ago one single bud had formed on the plant that I have, so I have been watching and waiting. It's not always easy to know exactly when the flowers will bloom out...and you only get one shot at each bloom! :) They bloom late at night and are withered by morning! This is the third night in a row that I have gone out, very late, into my backyard in hopes of finding this flower opened up!

I got lucky tonight!.... No, really it was inevitable because I was determined to keep checking and not miss the final bloom! :) On my 3rd. trip out this night-to my greatest delight-I found this exquisite flower bloomed out!

The pictures I made outside were blurred because I couldn't see well enough... but I brought it inside to enjoy and get some pics!

Here it is in all it's glory!

































































Junie

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:53 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

How marvelous!
I am so glad you got to see this amazing flower in bloom.
It is beautiful!!!

 
At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very lovely this flower is. I can understand why you took such care to catch the bloom. It is truly a fascinating thing to study. Thank you for sharing with us.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your comments!


It certainly is an unusual flower and worth waiting up to see!

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Beautful!

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Wow It looks like your night trips outside were well worth the effort, the night bloom is beautiful.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jeanette


Carletta,

Thanks for looking!

Yep! It is a pretty cool flower to have around!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home