Junie's Place: Halloweens of the past!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloweens of the past!



Happy Halloween!



This Halloween has been different in that I have done almost nothing to decorate! For the first time in many, many years I have not carved even one Jack-O-Lantern! ;( And I didn't get out any of my scary guys and witches!! I can hardly believe I didn't...but it's true!! I don't like it this way but it just turned out to be impossible to do anything this time!

I still miss the years of fun we had with the kids...our own kids and then the 4 grand kids!

Oh well...that's the way it goes in our ever changing lives. We just have to relive those times in memory and - thank goodness - I have my photos!! :)

Here are just a few memories from past Halloweens!

( Click on Halloween label for lots more Halloween posts from previous blogs )






Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:23 AM , Blogger Margie's Musings said...

Junie, I haven't done anything for Halloween either. No decorating or even bought any candy yet. I don't know what's got into me.

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Halloween dear Junie:-) I'm so glad you were able to come to my Halloween Bash...let's party all night long! hehe

I so loved seeing the pictures of your past Halloweens! I really miss my boys being younger and dressing up. I carved 6 pumpkins yesterday and just finished putting the last touches to my Halloween display outside so now I'm all set:-) xoxo

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I used to do it all when my kids were young. Other than a small fall vignette at the end of my driveway I didn't do anything either.
I got teary eyed just a little earlier when I talked to my Cindy. She was dressing her daughter (10 months) in a costume to watch the trick or treaters coming to their front porch.
Life changes for sure.
Have a wonderful evening Junie!

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'll looked through out photo albums this afternoon to relive our past Halloween memories.
Oh what joy those costumes were.
You have many wonderful memories too, also!!!!!
I KNOW you cherish them all.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home