Junie's Place: Our Ride~Dec '08~AND~ '1952 Vincent Black Lightning'

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Ride~Dec '08~AND~ '1952 Vincent Black Lightning'

My husband will have a fit that I put this version of this motorcycle song on instead of Del McCoury's

I was looking for a vid by McCoury  doing this song, but couldn't find a good video .

 Found this and I am intrigued with this guy  and the way he does this song!

 Well, it's his song, after all! 

This is, yet, another folk-rock musician for me to explore!  :)  How cool ! 
Apparently, he has been in the music scene for decades but I didn't know of him!!

Oh! I DO like McCoury's blue grass version of this too!

But THIS is very appealing to me!  ;)


Richard Thompson ~ '1952 Vincent Black Lightning'



ARTIST: Richard Thompson

TITLE: 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Lyrics


Said Red Molly to James that's a fine motorbike

A girl could feel special on any such like

Said James to Red Molly, well my hat's off to you

It's a Vincent Black Lightning, 1952

And I've seen you at the corners and cafes it seems

Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme

And he pulled her on behind

And down to Box Hill they did ride




Said James to Red Molly, here's a ring for your right hand

But I'll tell you in earnest I'm a dangerous man

I've fought with the law since I was seventeen

I robbed many a man to get my Vincent machine

Now I'm 21 years, I might make 22

And I don't mind dying, but for the love of you

And if fate should break my stride

Then I'll give you my Vincent to ride


Come down, come down, Red Molly, called Sergeant McRae

For they've taken young James Adie for armed robbery

Shotgun blast hit his chest, left nothing inside

Oh, come down, Red Molly to his dying bedside

When she came to the hospital, there wasn't much left

He was running out of road, he was running out of breath

But he smiled to see her cry

And said I'll give you my Vincent to ride

 

Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world

Beats a 52 Vincent and a red headed girl

Now Nortons and Indians and Greeveses won't do

They don't have a soul like a Vincent 52

He reached for her hand and he slipped her the keys

He said I've got no further use for these

I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome

Swooping down from heaven to carry me home

And he gave her one last kiss and died

And he gave her his Vincent to ride




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~












Finally~ we went for a short ride a couple days ago.

We went over to visit my sis and BIL for a little bit, and to exchange presents with them!

It was the first time I had ridden in several months and I enjoyed it a lot! It was like I had never taken a break from riding; it felt very comfortable and FUN!!

The weather was perfect for riding and the sky was that superb blue that we usually have here in Florida this time of year!

LOL- pictures to show of this trip are sparse...it was a very short trip, after all! My sis was enduring a cold at that time so we didn't want to get pics of any of us, there, that day!

Here are a few of Charles and me as we were starting out from home... :) - and the usual ones of me riding!

OH! And one of our beautiful blue sky!




Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

I'm finally back to blogging after a break and it feels so good to be visiting my friends again! It was so much fun catching up on your last few posts and it looks like you had a truly wonderful Christmas. It's such a blessing to have family share it with you:-) Loved seeing all the pictures as well.

Hopefully that mouse has been caught by now? I can well imagine how you felt seeing another one in your kitchen!!! You certainly did have some problems going on...good thing you found out where that water was coming from. Funny that you should mention gremlins or ghosts because I'm starting to think my own house is haunted! lol Your poor kitty, how happy you both must have been when you were able to find him and let him out of the shed.

Wishing you and yours all the very best that 2009 has to offer, dear Junie. xoxo

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes, we had a good Christmas with all the family here. And we're looking forward to a good year ahead!

Haven't seen the mouse again- but have put out D-con...maybe he got it and left the house- I HOPE!

Happy New Year,dear Pea!

Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home