Junie's Place: Beatles Fest and Neil Innes

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beatles Fest and Neil Innes




http://www.thefestforbeatlesfans.com/fest/Current/NewYork/ny.php


NEW YORK METRO LOCATION
NJ Crowne Plaza Meadowlands Hotel, Secaucus, NJ

March 27-29, 2009







It's 'Fest For Beatles Fans' time again this weekend.

This is a yearly event in NY/NJ area (and other cities at different times of the year) where fans congregate in celebration of their common bond as Beatles fans!

Each year a selection of guests- all Beatles connected in some way - come together with shows and discussions of all things Beatles !

There are also music jams among the fans, singing and playing Beatles songs,until the early hours of morning...and much more... :)

~Check out the official site above to read more about this!~

~~~

I first heard of this event when I joined a music forum several years ago.

From my observations, Beatles fans are the most loyal of any other fans!

Some people I know have attended this event 10 years or more and would not dream of missing it. Vacations are built around a stay of several nights and days at the hotel that sponsors this event-and reservations are made months in advance!

Now THAT is dedication! :)

~~~

Neil Innes, a frequent Fest guest, will be returning this year to add his fun music and routines!

Neil is a Fest Favorite, I have heard from some music forum friends!


(From the site)

Another one of our favorite guests, NEIL INNES pays
a return visit to mark the 3rd premiere of The 7th Python,
a documentary on Neil’s amazing career, first as a member
of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, to being an integral part of
the Monty Python Group,
The Rutles, and a long solo career.
Neil wrote all the Rutles songs and co-starred as Ron Nasty.
Of course, Neil will join Liverpool for some Rutling!
We will be showing the film in the Grand Ballroom starting
at around 11:00am on Saturday (an earlybird special).

Neil has written a new song which he will be performing
at THE FEST and it is called Imitation Song.
You can hear a preview of it at his site

"http://www.neilinnes.org/" www.neilinnes.org


( A sample of the humor of Neil Innes from years past )



Enjoy the Fest, my Beatles friends!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:34 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Hi June, I like the beatles and enjoy their music. I remember the first time they were on the Ed Sullivan Show. I was in high school and we all had such a good time watching them that night.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh yeah, I remember too!!! That must be a fun place to be. Thanks Junie Rose!

(p.s. I'm a little upset with Paul right now; ya know? He's got another new girlfriend!) hahahaha

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

If I leave now and pick you up, do you think we'd make it there on time???? hehe Oh how I would love to attend this Beatles Fest, I've always been such a big fan of theirs and still love listening to their music. I still remember the first time I ever heard them...my oldest brother was having a birthday party and he had put his new "Hello Goodbye" record on the record player to play...I remember sitting on the stairs and listening:-) xoxo

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,


Sounds like a good plan to me! :)

Junie

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Thanks-I like the Beatles a lot and Paul was my favorite! I think it was those eyes! :)

Yep-those Real 'hard-core' Beatles fans have fun with the Fest, I'm sure!
(LOL-'Pea' is on her way to pick me up for the big event...maybe we can swing by and get you too! :) )

(silly Junie Rose!)

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

:) I was just a bit ahead of you and was a young mom by the time Beatles came along-so I didn't get very involved with them until recent years!
(lol-I know that's probably hard to believe but we mostly were into country music in those early days!)



Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home