Junie's Place: Patio Project

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Patio Project

~Our Patio~


I haven't mentioned this before but we have a new project underway this week!

We have this patio that we had poured when we had the house built more than 20 years ago-which is 18 x 25 ft. It has a brick ledge all around that is just the right height for seating.

We never had this covered and , to be honest, I resisted any mention of this in years past because I LOVE looking up into the branches of the giant Live Oak trees that grow on either side ; with their branches meeting to shade the area!

Recently, tho, Charles again began talking of having this patio covered and I gave it more consideration!

I was won over, mainly for 2 reasons!

The #1 thing was that we know Ted will be able to do an excellent job with this! He is the guy who has done all our recent projects around here!

The #2 reason I was won over with this idea is the fact that my son is planning a WEDDING late this year...and wants it to be an outdoor event ~ the wedding AND reception!

WOW! I DO have some big plans to be made! Wish me luck!

Lol- Ladies-any ideas will be much appreciated!

Anyway- the first thing on our agenda is getting this patio completed and in getting our back yard to looking good again! Some new roses are in the plans too!

This is how it looks so far!

These first pics show the beginning!
Where the bricks are removed,
there will be added another little covered
area where the BBQ cooker will be.












This is what it looks like today - just on the 3rd day of work! It's moving along fast . They are about ready to set the roof trusses up!
The roof will go in the same direction as the playhouse, but , of course, not that steep! And we will use the same green roofing tin as the play house and our house and all the rest.























I have to say I'm excited about this now and realize it will be so much better. It will be a perfect place for outdoor entertaining - cookouts- etc! AND a wedding!! I'll be able to use some nice outdoor furniture, since it will be covered and with a good, wide, overhang of the roof; and patio lighting!!! Ah yes-it will be fun!

(All I'll need is a Laptop to use out there! haha!)



This shows from the patio, looking toward the house. To the right of this walkway I want to put a mulched area, outlined with brick and have stepping stones leading to the little swing patio.
(where we now have our BBQ cooker.)

I think this little patio can be used for the wedding ceremony and the bigger patio can be set up for the reception!

Oh, my!! Can Junie Rose pull this event off ?

We'll see, come November! :)



Love,
Junie



Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Junie Rose: That is going to be AWESOME! Away from the house, it reminds me of a summer kitchen a friend of mine built a few years ago.

A WEDDING~~how GREAT is that! Yes, girl, if anyone can pull it off YOU can!! :)

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Your new covered patio area will be a wonderful location for a garden wedding. I know you'll get lots of use from it throughout the year.
Our patio is covered and right off the family room. We use it throughout the year!
xo

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Of course you'll be able to pull it off:-) Oh Junie, I think it's a fabulous idea to cover the patio, you'll be able to use it so much more no matter what the weather! I look forward to seeing it all finished:-) Love your plans on adding stepping stones and more rose bushes...ooooh I'm all excited for you:-) xoxo

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Of course you can pull it all off. Your plans for the patio sound wonderful!
How fun to be planning for a wedding!!!!
I'm sure your yard will be in tip top shape and the wedding photos will be beautiful.
I hope you share some with us!
I'm glad you are providing work for the man who does your home improvements. It sounds like he does great work!

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful that wedding will be with the patio, the flowers, and the new setup for all weather conditions. At my outdoor setup they choose blue drinking glasses to be used outdoors for small flower arrangements on the tables. For my daughter's wedding it was small Perrier bottles with Snapdragons in them and a ribbon of the wedding color tied around them. In either case if one were broken it was no big loss. Just a suggestion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home