Junie's Place: Today ~ 3 ~ 31~ 2009

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today ~ 3 ~ 31~ 2009



OK

I can't be the target of 'Blonde Jokes' anymore!

I changed my hair color! :) Well, it's STILL dark blonde but not what you think of when you say 'Blonde!'

Good! I'm tired of that image and all the jokes!! ;)

~~~

Today Charles and our patio guy poured the final little addition (where the BBQ will be) so the job is almost finished! It has turned out really well!

This is the way he finished off the front of the patio
!






I'll be happy to get the back yard cleaned up and some new roses planted!

~~~

I have been under a lot of stress recently, for various reasons, and have had an awful time of sleeping at night and headaches during the day! When I can't sleep until 3:00 AM then I have to sleep later and I never seem to get much done during the day. I really dislike this cycle I'm in now!

One thing on my mind is that I will have to get my driver's license renewed before my birthday, May 5th! I'm a little concerned that I won't pass because of my eyesight! Please keep your fingers crossed for me in that. Also I have a medical procedure coming up next week...just the 'M' test but I dread that too! (what woman doesn't?)

Solved the problem of needing to go to the hair dresser by...just resolving NOT to do it! I'll keep my hair long until I feel better! Al least I got it colored today! :) And I'm no longer a blonde!

Other things too, have been bearing heavily on my mind ...just stressful things that I really can't do anything about- so I need to just let it all go!

~~~

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday! I have him a couple of really neat things! :) We'll be celebrating on Sunday when all the kids can be here!

~~~

Saturday we will be going out to our friend's place in Hernando for their annual chili cook-off...and then on May 1st, we will have the Retired Police Officers gathering/dinner- held here in Ocala this time! Charles always enjoys getting together with the guys!

In there too-April 27th- will be our anniversary-# 48!! ...And my birthday May 5!
( It's a high # too! haha)

Oh wait- also a trip to Pensacola for a birthday celebration for 2 of Charles' sisters! This will be at Easter time...so we will do a sort of Easter thing combined with Charles' B'day this Sunday, here!

Lots of stuff going on! Wish I could get to feeling better!


OK- Tomorrow will be better ~ has to be!!



Junie



Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 8:05 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I suppose you know what you call a blonde with her hair colored brunette? Artificial inteligence.
Yeah my daughter doesn't like that joke either.
Hope the sleep pattern improves.

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

All those blonde jokes? Jealousy. :) Cuppa has gone blonde in these later days, and the colour suits her.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That was cute Cliff but a little unkind don't you think. Junie as to you --I spent over have my life worrying about what might happen. Had the delightful headaches and all. But you know what --over half of what I worried about didn't happen. When I finally realized that I had to stop the worry pattern life changed. What relief, what freedom, and no stress to speak of. Please don't waste your precious time on worry

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

That's it, I'm also going to dye my hair dark! lol I love your new hair colour, Junie, it really suits you:-) I'm so sorry to hear of all the stress you've been under...some times life just seems to have so much going on, doesn't it. I've learned to just take it one day at a time and not try to change what can't be changed, otherwise I'd get myself sick again and I definitely don't want to go through that again!! Sending you big hugs across the miles. xoxo

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Happy Birthday Charles!!!
I Love your Hair!! It looks Great on you!!!
You are Really busy...sorry you can't sleep...I've been waking up early to...but I sit most of the day at my desk...BAD GIRL!!
I Know that's a LOT of the problem...no exercise!!
Happy day sweetie!hughugs

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Love your new hair color :)
Sorry to hear of all the sleep problems. That makes getting through all the daily chores so difficult.
Sounds like you have a very full and fun filled calendar ahead!
xo

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You look great Junie...I like your hair color very much...it suits you. Don't worry about things sweetie. I know these little things weigh on your mind...we all let them nibble-away at us sometimes. Just take one thing at a time...like a check-list. That's what I do. I just got a reminder in the mail today for my yearly "M" test too. I had my licensed renewed recently too. I just bit the bullet and went in early because I didn't want to think about it anymore. You'll be fine sweetie. Then you can check that off your list too. I swear..the anticipation is far worse than actually doing it. Love, Joy

Oh, and Happy Birthday Charles...

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

haha-Cliff!!

Well, actually, my hair was darker in my youth-about like this color is now. (like the sidebar pic)

;)

I went lighter to blend with the gray better! :) I think I like it better blonde...but for now I'm stuck with this!

Thanks for the good wishes on the sleep prob.


Junie

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

Cuppa looks very good blonde.

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mary,

Thanks-I know you gave good advice about the worry-

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Pea,
Joy,
Donna,
Susie

For all the good wishes and caring comments!

You're the best!!!


Hugs))


Junie

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger dot said...

You have a lot of nice plans. Hope you enjoy it all. But not as a blond?? I thought blonds have more fun.
I love the music you have on now!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Dot,

:) yah- I think blonds DO have more fun! But I'm stuck with this darker hair for awhile!

I bet you're talking about the music I had on earlier tonight! :)(Sarah McLachlan) I just got the urge for some Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler! :)

I change my music at the top-often!

Thanks for coming by tonight!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home