Junie's Place: Easter Sunday...and a birthday celebration too! ( family interest )

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday...and a birthday celebration too! ( family interest )


(my sister-in-law gave us this plant from one in her yard! It's very pretty with tiny rose-like blooms...but I don't know the name of it! Does anyone know this plant?)

~~~

This gathering was originally planned for the 2 sisters who have birthdays just a day apart to get together with their families-and since they fell right at Easter it made it doubly nice. Charles, too, had his birthday on April first, so it was to be a triple birthday celebration!

As I previously mentioned, though- an accident prevented the sister in Alabama and her family, from coming down. We were all so sorry to hear this news, but from what we've heard, things seem to be going ok with Rickey's recovery. He's in our thoughts and prayers.

We stayed the 2 nights at Charles' sister, Betty's house! She's a very fun and gracious hostess. :)

Around noon - ish we all met at Jayne's house. (our niece -Betty's daughter) This was the first time we had visited since Jayne had moved into her new house! It's very nice and beautifully decorated and near her mom's place and also close to her brother and his wife!

Among our group there were quite a few kids (great nieces and nephews) who enjoyed hunting Easter Eggs around the yard! (brought back memories for me of my grands in the past- and my own kids too) In spite of the bittersweet memories I enjoyed watching the kids looking for those eggs! :)

Here are some random pics of our day at Jayne's place.












































































~~~

Late in the afternoon-after lunch- the birthday cake and egg hunt- Charles, Jayne and I went out to visit Charles' other sister, Lou, and her daughter and son-in-law. We had a very enjoyable visit with them at their beautiful beach front home! (Such a cool place!) Was happy, too, that we got to see their youngest daughter - as we had not seen her in a long time!
I managed to get a picture of everyone! :)




















I'm happy my husband got to see so many of the folks. We both enjoyed it very much.


(Tomorrow...our trip home!)


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all, Junie. I love all the great photos you got but the one of you and hubby is especially good!

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed enlarging every photo and seeing all the smiles on everyone's faces:-) Junie, I must say that yellow is your colour, that blouse you're wearing suits you SO well!!! I so wish my family wasn't so wide spread, I really miss having events like this. So glad you and Charles were able to go and have such a fantastic time:-) xoxo

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Judy,

Thanks so much for looking and for your nice comments.

Junie

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,

Thanks- I do like that yellow blouse for spring-although I'm not so sure it's my color! LOL- At least it's something new to wear- and a little different from my usual style.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home