Junie's Place: Trip planned

Friday, April 10, 2009

Trip planned



First~ Just want to wish you all a very Happy and Blessed Easter day!
~~~
We will be away until Monday PM. so I probably won't post again until Tuesday.

We are going to visit relatives in Pensacola-Milton area of Florida. We'll leave first thing in the morning for the 7 + hour drive .

This was a planned birthday celebration of 2 of Charles' sisters and a visit with another sister who lives there, as well. One of the birthday sisters lives in Milton- the other in Athens, Al.

The daughters had planned this party for their mom's, as their birthdays are close together ...so it was to be a mini-reunion- with the one sister coming from Al. And US coming too...to be with the ones living in the area there!...

WELL... bad luck happened with the Alabama folks. There was an accident a couple days ago, putting the son-in- law ( who was planning to bring his wife and mother-in-law down) in the hospital. We were all so sorry to hear about this and are hoping and praying for a good recovery for Rickey.

We decided to go ahead with our plans to visit the folks there. It will be a fun trip I'm hoping, for both of us.

~~~

Speaking of Milton, (the name of the town we're going to) our latest little bull I named 'Milton' -in honor of this trip! :) He was born 3 days ago but I just today got down to see him! He's a cute one! His mother is named Pansy...one of only 2 of our original herd. The others were replaced with the red cows! :( I like having a mixed herd to look at but most of what we have are RED now! :( ( Life on the farm!)



~~~

Today we took some flowers out for my sweet mom. I hadn't been since just before Christmas. It makes me so sad to visit her grave site~ but it seems I have been constantly sad since she passed away, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I miss her more than I can say and it never seems to get better.

In so many ways it seems like my life has gone downhill since Mom's death. (6 years ago this past Jan.) So often I find myself wishing she were here so I could ask her something- or hear her stories once more...hear her recite her poems...listen to her music with her again. Often I would go in her room and she would be reciting verses of the bible- not reading them for her eyes had become unable to read...but she knew the bible by heart...she did not have to see the words to know them!

Oh! How I miss my mom!

And-Oh! How I wish I could be more like her!














~~~

Some cheery sights around our place this week...


A Blue Bird!

(We don't usually have them around our place so it was a thrill for me.
The pictures are not great but at least I got some!)




English Dogwood~

I hope I'm remembering the name right! We got 2 of these little shrubs a couple years ago. Last year we saw only a few blooms but this year they are heavy with the pretty dogwood -like blooms!




Little wildflowers in the meadow~




And...what's this...
an Easter Lizard?? :)





Happy Easter!

Hug your loved ones on Easter~especially your Mom~ for me!! :)



Love,
Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:07 PM , Blogger Garnetrose said...

Wonderful pics and the newborn is so cute. I hope you enjoyed your self and had a safe wonderful time with your family this weekend.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Have a good weekend. Happy Easter!

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The picture of the Bluebird is lovely and the flowers bring a smile! I hope your trip is a safe one and the visit is uplifting.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Sally said...

I hope your weekend was good and that you have a safe trip home, Junie Rose. My mom and dad were married in Milton in l941! :)

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

We enjoyed the trip and Easter with the folks up there!

So were you born in Milton?

Chas' 2 sisters and husbands lived there since about 1950 I think.

Junie

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Garnetrose,

Thanks for visiting me! I will visit your site too.

Yes- had a wonderful trip for Easter.

Junie

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, AC.

Yes- we had a wonderful time. Hope your Easter day was good too.

Junie

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mary,

Thanks for all your visits and nice comments!

Hope your Easter was a good one for you. Ours was-and we had a safe trip home.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home