Junie's Place: Sky Watch Friday ~4~3~'09 Contrails

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sky Watch Friday ~4~3~'09 Contrails


Sky Watch Friday





*Go here* for other sky pictures around the world!

~~~

Late yesterday afternoon my husband called me outside-and told me to bring my camera- to see these 'plane tracks' in the sky! He knows how fascinated I have always been with seeing these trails in the sky. I have seldom seen them colored just the way these were, though. This was due to the time of day it was-just as the sun was about to set!








:) I know 'plane tracks' is not the correct term - but I like it!

~~~


contrail |ˈkänˌtrāl|

noun
a trail of condensed water from an aircraft or rocket at high altitude, seen as a white streak against the sky.
ORIGIN 1940s: abbreviation of condensation trail.


Junie

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Blogger Donna said...

WoW Junie!! These are Pretty!! Happy night sweetie!hughugs

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Love those Junie. They are really pretty. Hope things are good with you. Like your music, too.

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Glad it's contrails and not entrails! :)

 
At 1:45 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Pretty! Plane tracks' sounds good to me!

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

I'm rocking away in my chair to the Dire Straits! hehe Such wonderful pictures you took of the jet trails (that's what I call them! lol)...always fun to see the traffic that goes on in the sky.

I was so glad to hear that the teapot reached you safely!! I was so worried it would break but hoped I had packed it well enough. Enjoy:-) xoxo

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks ,all!


Will visit you soon.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home