Junie's Place: ....to conclude... (maybe)

Thursday, April 30, 2009

....to conclude... (maybe)

Oldest House



OK ~


You get the idea that I really liked our St.Augustine trip - right? :)

It's a beautiful OLD city and I find everything about it fascinating!

~~~

Just a few street scenes from the trolley rides we took...in no special order. It's amazing how old this place is and how wonderful it looks.



























































Here we are at the Old Jail and Museum and gift shop!

Yikes! Look at the BIG alligator skin...says it was 'kilt' by a kid in our town-Ocala!





















As you see I continued to live dangerously on this trip... :)

...but I was wondering how a soft touch could hurt that big old iron tractor...and, actually, I couldn't see any change after I touched it!
(I'm so bad!!)


However-I didn't take the chance of walking up those steps to the top of the lighthouse- lest I fall or have a heart attack or something like that!

This lighthouse was completed in 1874 and stands 161 ft. tall!



Well....I guess I have one more post coming up, after all! :) Sorry!!



Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:09 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I'm not sorry!! I'm loving these posts and pics from your trip! :)

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks Skye!

I can always count on you!

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Sally said...

The lighthouse is awesome, isn't it? No, keep right on showing us pictures, Junie Rose! I never get tired of St. Augustine ya know!! In fact, it hasn't been that long ago that Patti & I took Hunter on the trolley! :)

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love seeing your pictures and I'm not sorry that you have one more post about your trip.

Nice sky pictures too and yes the bunny did survice it had to because it couldn't be replaced and that was the only thing that saved it.
I saw where Sharon had written on facebook that the bunny had sinned so they had to cut off its ears, hehehe.

I tried something new in poetry...
I listened to music and wrote down parts of lyrics and then I went back and put a space after each 4 sentence fragments and to my surprise it told a sort of a story. It was fun and I'm going to post it in a little while.

Sandy

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You are SUCH a rebel for touching that when it CLEARLY said DO NOT TOUCH!!!!!

:-)

St. Augustine looks very charming.

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jamie Dawn-You KNOW you would have done the same thing! hahahah

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Yes- that lighthouse is very awesome- best looking one I know of!! :)


I bet your little Hunter liked that trolley ride-I sure did!! :)


Junie

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sandy,

:) well-I DO have one more St. Augustine post but it will be a couple days , probably....Something else has come up that I have to do first! ;)

Poor bunny! :( Wonder what awful thing he did to deserve that!

Have to check out your poetry thing!

Junie

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

You're really making me want to go over there!!! I love seeing old buildings like that, they just have so much character. Yikes on that alligator skin!!!! Imagine coming across one that big! Love the lighthouse and don't blame you for not wanting to go up in it. lol Beautiful pictures as always, dear Junie. xoxo

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Pea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home