Junie's Place: Woe is me! (and update)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Woe is me! (and update)


Update at bottom!***



OK- Remember I mentioned I have been having computer problems? Well, the time has come when I must send my Mac off to get fixed up! (I HOPE!) My daughter is going to Orlando tomorrow and since that's the nearest 'Mac Fixer ' I had to make the decision to send it in by her and hope for the best!

The problem has been that it crashes a lot... with no rhyme or reason to any of it-as far as I can see. It crashes in all kinds of tasks and situations as I'm doing my stuff, every day; often several times each day! It has become most annoying-especially when it shuts down in the middle of a chat. It comes right back on...but still- a big PAIN- besides- this I'm sure is just leading to a huge problem if not fixed!

SOOO...tonight will be my last blogging for awhile-and my last night for visiting Facebook-and my last night for checking out the message forums that I visit...and my last IM contacts with friends...my last night for reading or sending e-mails....My last night for uploading any photos I might take! :( I tell you ...it's scary!! I have no way of knowing just how long I might be offline...but once before I was off for 3 months!! :(

Hopefully, this problem won't be that serious- but at best it will be a few days... because another trip will have to be made to Orlando for pick-up...even if the problem is solved quickly!

SO-YES~ WOE is me_DOUBLE WOE!

~~~

Coincidentally-as I was starting to write this post I got an email fwd that made me 'LOL '- and I needed that a lot!

(You won't believe the timing of this!!)

~~~

" Computer trouble!

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Richard, the 11
year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control , and
asked him to come over.

Richard clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was
walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten
T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

Richard grinned. 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error
before?''

No,' I replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T

I used to like the little shit........"



LOL-Thanks, Connie!


Junie


***
Earlier tonight I was still working at burning my picture files and other files to disks...In the middle of one of these attempts my computer crashed again and when it came back on, the blank disk wouldn't eject!
For hours I worried with this to no avail...Finally I made a last attempt by searching out info which I had not an inkling of what I was reading (these instructions in utility) LOL- I don't even know how I came to be checking there! Anyway-I found the magic word-'eject'-Finally!

I have decided- to heck with any more desperate burnings of files to disks! I have spent the whole day trying to organize and save my files - so as not to lose anything in this repair trip coming up! Worked my fingers to the bone- really!! Now I have decided I have to just trust it will work out ok.....or let the chips fall as they may!

BTW~ My girls told me I'm using the wrong term when I say that my computer crashes! LOL - That may be so...but it sure feels like a crash to me! I told them, 'It doesn't matter. My blog buddies know what I mean.. and they think I'm a bit of a ding bat anyway so it's ok!" ;)

~~~

OK-

I'd love to answer the messages I got today and yesterday but I just don't have the time or energy! I promise to catch up with each of you soon! I appreciate all of you very much-( old and new commenters) _all the kind comments !

See you all soon!

Hugs))

Junie

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Hahahaaaa!! What a hoot!! Good luck with the 'puter sweetie! We'll still be here!hughugs

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh no!! This just ain't right!! Junie, I hope you won't be gone long! ((hugs))

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Oh Junie - I sure hope it isn't much. We'll miss you - I will!

Loved your email!

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Yes we know what you mean, Junie. hahaha And you are NOT a dingbat; I wish I had as much computer knowledge as you. :)

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

So much for the reverence given to Macs. Junie, please consider investing in one big external hard drive. It makes backing-up so so much easier.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Fred said...

My kids love their Macs. D2 just got hers two days ago (for college) and has already made two really cool videos.

Hope you're back with us soon!

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I hope it's a minor problem Junie and easily fixed. They are such a pain when they crash!! I obviously don't know what the proper word is either!!

 
At 1:27 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Mac's don't crash June... just ask Mr Apple, hope you get back soon.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awwww Junie, I just know how lost you will be without your computer, I know I would be!! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you get it back. We'll miss you so much!! In the meantime I'm sure you'll be discovering other hobbies that you'd completely forgotten about! lol xoxo

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I knew exactly what you meant when you said that your computer crashes cause it's happened to me before.

I've missed you very much and was wondering why my facebook page kept looking so empty and bare these past few days. Now I know. Hope you get your Mac back pretty soon.

BIG HUGS to you and you might need to try wearing a "Patch" because I know you have an addiction to blogging and to facebook, hahahah.

love you Junie,
Sandy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home