Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday ~ July 27, 2009 ( Pricklypear )

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday ~ July 27, 2009 ( Pricklypear )


***

It's time once again for
Mellow Yellow Monday!



*Go here to find other yellow posts!*


***

'Pricklypear'

This is a cactus plant that grows wild in pastures and woodland and sandy places in our area and in much of the south.

The flower is very beautiful but don't dare try and pick one! :)




***

*Here is a site that tells all about these plants!*


***

*This is a childhood memory/story of mine-concerning this plant!*



Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Such beautiful flowers from a cactus...I've never seen these...they are very mellow yellow...

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Kinda like milking a porcupine. Very carefully!

 
At 12:55 AM , Blogger Martha said...

I like pricklypears, there was on beach we would go to in Florida where they grew on the dunes. Very nice pics.

My MYM

 
At 2:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

They are lovely. Happy MYM.

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh Junie, I got tears in my eyes reading that story on your childhood when you were ten. Brings back a lot of memories for me also. You are a great writer!! :)

Love the cactus flowers!!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Carol,

Yes! It's the brightest yellow I've seen in a flower!


Thanks for visiting!


Junie

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Cliff


:) lol- yah-I guess that describes this plant well!


Junie

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, Martha.

Yep- the flower on this cactus is very beautiful!


Junie

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sally,

Thanks for reading.


The flowers just brought back the memories of that post I had written when I was doing my 'Mom memories/stories,'so I thought I'd link to it.

I sometimes think, maybe, I write too much from the heart...but that's just me. I mean... if I can't say what's in my heart-and my true memories- what's the point?


Junie

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger storyteller said...

I'm always amazed at the LOVELY blossoms produced by cactus plants! I played at Small Reflections this week.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for coming over. I'll visit your MYM post now at Small Reflections.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home