Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday ~ (for July 20, 2009)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday ~ (for July 20, 2009)

~~~

It's time, once again, for our Mellow Yellow Monday pictures!



*Please go here to find lots of other great yellow pics!*



Roadside wildflowers



~~~

Roadside Meadow Flowers

Nothing fills me, so,
with joy that’s most complete,
than roadside, meadow flowers...
whose names I do not know…
(No pampered garden blossom
could ever be so sweet)
Their name’s of no importance…
just their golden glow!

Their beauty overwhelms -
so abundantly they’re sown.
Each golden face turns upward
to catch the warming rays.
There is no grander sight
these eyes have ever known-
so to our ‘Master Gardner,’
I give my love and praise!

June Kellum
2005

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Hi Junie,
I saw a whole field of these last year near my house but the field isn't yellow this year.
Your shot is beautiful; but I really like the poem!

 
At 11:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Carletta!

I love the wild flowers! Nothing better than coming upon a field of yellow like this!

LOL - unless it's a field of our PINK Phlox.

( happy you like the poem too-you know I like doing little poems, now and then! :) )

Have a great night! I'm heading out- very tired after a long day!


Hugs))

Junie

 
At 5:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful garden full of flowers. and a very nice poem too. happy MYM.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Beautiful picture and poem to go with it! I love seeing meadow flowers, they're sometimes prettier than the flowers we grow in our flower gardens:-) xoxo

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Miranda said...

I love wild flowers, always gorgeous.

 
At 2:21 AM , Blogger Kranky Granny said...

Just discover your site and have spent some time exploring all of your blogs.

Tell hubby that is stories are great. I'm the oldest of 13 so they hit home.

There is a very popular restaurant near me that is named "Junie Moon" I had never heard the name before that.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hello Rita,


Thanks for visiting and I'm glad you explored a little. Often ppl don't go beyond the one post they are responding to, I find. Happy you liked the farm memory stories. I'll be sure to tell mu husband! :)

Hope you come again.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home