Junie's Place: Camera Critters~ Aug 29, 2009

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Camera Critters~ Aug 29, 2009

~~~

Time to share our




On any given day I may see dozens of these guys around our place ! (if not hundreds!)

They are everywhere ...even have been known to invade my house at times! I have found them, drowned, in my washing machine! :(

Yesterday my husband accidentally stepped on one as he walked out the front door ! :(

Here was one of the smart ones. He was just hanging out in the rose garden, eating bugs!!

LOL - I guess he knows he's pretty safe from traffic in there, amongst the overgrown weeds that no one is in a hurry to pull!



Welcome to north Florida! ;)





Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 3:15 PM , Blogger storyteller said...

I have a few of these living in my rockbed from time to time ... and they occasionally find their way into the house when I leave the French doors open in the summertime. Have found entire skins under the cushions in my couch ... not my best moments actually. You'll find MY critters at Small Reflections this week.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Noner said...

Poor lizards need to learn to be more careful!

I have critters up at:
Pawesome and Random Animals

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Maria said...

My cats used to bring lizard tails to me as gifts. God only knows (and I do not want to know) what happened to the rest of the lizard. I like to think they escaped, but that probably was not the realiy.

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Ahhhh!!! I love lizards!Hahaa...Can you catch them???hughugs

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Sandy Kessler said...

oh yes I agree sandy South Florida

 
At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's so cute! I hate to think of them drowning in the washer or getting stepped on. Poor little things.

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Jennifer Chasse said...

We had bunches of lizards around our house in San Diego, but since we moved here to the Mojave Desert, not so much.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger dot said...

Nice clear shot. I wonder why there are so many.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Lizards I've never been able to like. :)
This is however a cute picture. The terra cotta pot gives it a southwest flair.

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger sweetbay said...

He blends in well with the pot. He has a beautiful pattern too.

We have lots of Carolina Anoles and Five-Lined Skinks here. Lots of snakes too!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sweet bay

We have those blue 5 lined Skinks too!

They are pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home