Junie's Place: Dan

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dan

My thoughtful and dear son recently got me this final CD of Dan Fogelberg, knowing how I have always loved his music above any other!

I have been looking forward to this CD
(which was released in Aug-almost 2 years after his death)
but at the same time - prolonging the time of getting it for myself...knowing this is the last we will ever have of this wonderful artist/singer/songwriter/poet/multi-talented musician!

It's been an emotional undertaking tonight- my listening to Dan's music - alone here. But- with me- Dan's music, and the deep love and appreciation I have for it, has always been a personal thing not easily shared. So-as it should be, I have spent tonight, alone, immersed again in Dan Fogelberg and his beautiful songs!

This final album from Dan consists of 9 previously unpublished , original songs of Dan, and 2 songs written by other artists. This CD was worked on during Dan's illness and finalized for release after his death!

This album has not disappointed me in any way...oh, to the contrary... it has thrilled me as his
songs have, all through the years!

But, of course, there's the incredible sadness and feeling of loss, too!

I searched Youtube and found there have been a few new videos made of songs of this last CD from Dan!

~~~

This is not Dan's song, but such a poignant, final song for this last CD from our beloved Dan Fogelberg!



Birds

(written by Neil Young)






beggarsgame



Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:24 AM , Blogger Sally said...

YOur son is an angel. ((Hugs))

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I can't listen to it now because the house is quiet as people sleep, but I'm sure it's a good one.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Oh no. Where have I been.? I had no idea Dan Fogelberg died. I love his music.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger anemonen said...

Yes his music is fantastic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home