Junie's Place: Today's Flowers ~ Oct 11, 2009

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Today's Flowers ~ Oct 11, 2009

~~~

Today's Flowers



( find other flowers around the world ~ here )



This flower is called 'Walking Iris.' I have some growing next to a little water garden in my yard. Although they are not water plants they seem to do well in this shaded spot of my yard near the Water Hyacinth in the pond.



The Water Hyacinth is classified as an 'invasive Aquatic Plant' in Florida waterways. The ones I have are confined to this small pond! I love the blooms and I think the light purple blooms and the yellow 'Walking Iris' flowers look pretty growing next to each other.






Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Blogger VALKYRIEN said...

Very pretty flowers both of them, but I like the purple especially! I don't believe I have seen your flowers before.
Have a nice Sunday!

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

Hi JunieRose, you've shared two lovely flowers and I have once again enjoyed your photos very much. Thank you for sharing them.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Ziggy Stardust said...

Very pretty and I love the song you have on your blog.

Anne

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

Junie, your shots are simple...but so much cute, and stunning...love it


congrats, dear

This week, I am guest at the FLOWERS FROM TODAY and I am here for to congratulate you for you to be part of our group. Your photos give more charm, color, class, life and light to the TF. Thanks u very much, dearest.
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2009/10/flowers-to-ebie-lasola-at-flowers-from-today/

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh my, Junie, your yard is something else!! So much beauty; I love the flowers! :)

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL


It's not well kept and manicured...but we do have a lot of stuff growing!!


PS-My sis just joined Facebook-FINALLY-

I was wondering if you'd like to have her for a friend on there! :)

I have featured her in my blog a lot so you might know her a little already! Her name is Joy.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Regina said...

How lovely!

Have a nice week Junie.

 
At 1:11 AM , Blogger Randi said...

Love your purple blooms! I have to check if I can have it in my pond. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 1:18 AM , Blogger Arija said...

The water hyacynth is such a pretty plant but here too it is a declared noxious weed. Do take care to cut off the flowers as they fisish so they cannot go to seed and be distributed by birds. It is a very invasive plant and will take over a farm dam in no time flat.

 
At 1:43 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Looks like little yellow angels!

Carletta’s Captures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home